What's new

The accidental superlather

Super lather is fun. Usually I don't cross breed the products though. Most of my super lather has been speick / speick and tabac / tabac. However, last week I used tabac cream and MWF soap. That was interesting. The tabac made the lather much less airy and much more dense. Pretty decent shave.

Super lather is fun. Usually I don't cross breed the products though. Most of my super lather has been speick / speick and tabac / tabac. However, last week I used tabac cream and MWF soap. That was interesting. The tabac made the lather much less airy and much more dense. Pretty decent shave.
I don\'t like to cross-brand either, but sometimes, you can't avoid it.

The best thing I've found to add to MWF is Musgo Real cream ... you get a double dose of lanolin, and tallow to boot!

The two each have a rather mild scent on their own, and when mixed together, creates an interesting aroma.

Just remember that Musgo is a very thirsty cream, so keep adding water until you get a sloppy-wet consistency.

The puck of Burts Bees bay rum soap that frustrated me in all other ways finally found it's niche when I squirted some Derby cream onto it. I've tried Taylors, Erasmic, and Lider creams as well, and all of the above paired with Williams soap too. Burts works better and the Derby is what I've ended up using most days.

I'm more or less just starting out, been at wet shaving less than a month I think, but I'm totally sold on using a soap and a cream together.

I did this super lather thingy by accident as well...
I opened a tube of C.O.Bigalo,when I did a good amount came out, I wiped it on top of a puk of OLD COLGATE shaving soap,this mad a great combination, and a way to use a soap puk that many forum memers have shunned......:001_rolle

Tabac soap is pretty good with Godrej Blue cream (Menthol Mist). I couldn't smell the Tabac over the menthol (good or bad?), but the lather and shave were great. This gets you tallow, lanolin, glycerin, and coconut oil all together in one lather.

Top Bottom