What's new

The 3 Pass Shave Is Bad Advice?

Do whatever makes you happy with your morning routine. If you want to do six passes and have no irritation go for it! Anything short of razor burn would be acceptable., and that's going to be different for everyone.

I slowly worked up to a three pass shaves to get the spots I missed on the first two. Happily they are incident free if I pay attention.

A close, comfortable shave that comes from reasonable effort using well-chosen products versus some outcome that meets the "standard" for what is referred to by the disconcertingly creepy term "BBS" is a distinction without a difference. The two or so additional hours one might gain unable to feel any stubble on their own face isn't much of a payoff for the hysteria and effort that envelop the debate on, and machinations of, getting there.

A close, comfortable shave that comes from reasonable effort using well-chosen products versus some outcome that meets the "standard" for what is referred to by the disconcertingly creepy term "BBS" is a distinction without a difference. The two or so additional hours one might gain unable to feel any stubble on their own face isn't much of a payoff for the hysteria and effort that envelop the debate on, and machinations of, getting there.
Ah yes (I agree), but as someone posted elsewhere, the danger is the attraction:straight:

... Thom

The "3-pass shave is ideal" advice is just bunk. There are way too many variables in play to make this a universal truth. Do as many, or as few passes as necessary to get a decent shave without doing damage to your face, it may vary on different days. Secondly, accept the fact that a BBS shave doesn't happen every time, enjoy it when it does. Finally, every shave only lasts a day or so, and the opportunity to try again, for better or worse, will soon present itself.

The 3 pass shave works for me as I really have a super strong tough beard. Even if I have shaved yesterday I still like to do the 3 passes just to make sure the shave is 'thorough' if you see what I mean.

Jason.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The standard is, there's no standard.
Find and do what works for you and what you enjoy doing.
Advice here is largely just what worked for the person giving the advice.
It may be left, right or dead spot on for what works for you.

Top Bottom