What's new

The 2023: 1-Blade, 1-Week, Daily Shaving Adventure

It chewed up my face like the last time I used one a year ago. I caused some discontent talking bad about PPI blades and was only trying it to compare to Polsilver SIs. I guess I need to find a source for some again...
That really does stink. I've always marvelled at the idea of someone being discontented by a negative experience they didn't have. Wonder what skin they had in the game because it certainly wasn't the skin on your face.

That really does stink. I've always marvelled at the idea of someone being discontented by a negative experience they didn't have. Wonder what skin they had in the game because it certainly wasn't the skin on your face.
I think it was sometime late 21', there was a frenzy going on over these blades. People were ordering hundreds then ordering hundreds more. It was partly fuelled by their depleted stock of Polsilver SIs and partly B&B group pressure. In that climate, I can understand that people want to hand wave away bad experiences and I am sure they are fine if you don't get bad ones. However, they are not the expected replacement for Polsilvers and I can't think of a clearer demonstration than my report above using one in what people consider an aggressive razor. It highlights everything, warts and all and my experience can't be hand waved away as user error as easily. I am currently trying to decide whether to buy some more to try...

I've read a lot about Feathers only getting 2 shaves. I'll prep for my growth as usual and see how it goes.

This will be interesting.

For me, once I get past the first shave, which can sometimes be rough, the Feather is like an ordinary blade to me.

But, I think that is because I am a very average shaver and all of my regular blades are sharp and shave well.

Feather appears to be pretty much the exception. I was reading from someone who was testing the blade sharpness and his comments were, the Feather was about 40% sharper. All of the other blades didn't vary that much from each other in sharpness.

I am guessing that the Feather's edge has a narrow angle leading up to it. While it should cut through your coarse hair, it might challenge the blade edge early on.

We will see how thus goes with you?

I think it was sometime late 21', there was a frenzy going on over these blades.

Even before that, there was a Feather Madness going around. Everybody had to be shaving with the sharp Feather. It really did get to be the thing.

For most average shavers, I think this was a bit overblown and not really necessary. Razor blades were made for the majority of people so that they can shave with them. Why else would a manufacturer produce a razor blade?

Though, I can see its appeal to certain segments if the population.

Even before that, there was a Feather Madness going around. Everybody had to be shaving with the sharp Feather. It really did get to be the thing.
It still is. The first thing at least 50% of the people here do when they get a new razor is put a Feather in it. When asked, the answer is some variation of wanting to get the most out of the razor, like they have to convince themselves that they spent well on their new razor instead of putting a familiar medium sharpness blade in and learning the razor first. Every few months somebody finds a store selling them slightly cheaper, posts it and everybody piles in to buy the store out!

That said, I have pushed one before and know how many shaves I can get, but they are one of the blades that get rough before they get dull...

This will be interesting.

For me, once I get past the first shave, which can sometimes be rough, the Feather is like an ordinary blade to me.

But, I think that is because I am a very average shaver and all of my regular blades are sharp and shave well.

Feather appears to be pretty much the exception. I was reading from someone who was testing the blade sharpness and his comments were, the Feather was about 40% sharper. All of the other blades didn't vary that much from each other in sharpness.

I am guessing that the Feather's edge has a narrow angle leading up to it. While it should cut through your coarse hair, it might challenge the blade edge early on.

We will see how thus goes with you?
I know the following is not what this thread is for but it is relevant to this discussion. I used my first Feather for the first time ever this evening. I was a bit unimpressed after everything I've read. It provided a close clean shave in the same 2.5 passes I always do. It worked great but is not the hair dissolving, blink and bleed I was expecting. Had it in my trusty tech clone. It shaved really nicely. (Lots of blades do) Perhaps we never should meet our heroes.

I know the following is not what this thread is for but it is relevant to this discussion. I used my first Feather for the first time ever this evening. I was a bit unimpressed after everything I've read.

Though the thread dies not need in-depth reviews (as we already have these threads elsewhere), comments about blades are perfectly OK and are, as you point out, relevant to our discussion.

My first shave with a Feather was on the rough, not smooth side. I was never in any danger of cutting my face to pieces.

Other than that, shaving with the Feather was no different than any of my shaves with other blades.

After the first shave, my subsequent shaves were just like shaving with any of my other razor blades. Not knocking the Feather, it certainly is a fine blade, as are the others in my rotation. Nothing particularly unique about it from my experience either.

We have gone through the first month with some blade defects issues and a few interruptions due to shaving availability.

But, all in all, I see positive results so far. It looks like the 1-Blade, 1-Week might be workable for most average challenged shavers.

I've been absent for a bit...I got some major irritation under my right sideburn and went back to the electric for awhile until it cleared up.

Now, I'm debating on letting my beard grow out again. It has been a few years since I did that. I'll keep the neck trimmed up but it doesn't seem worthwhile posting here with 7 one pass shaves. ;) Heck, even the PAA blade (my absolute worst) could probably do that. Maybe.

Week 7 Ends: Blade is a Sharp High Chromium.

Mixed feelings about this blade. Some shaves felt better than others? May need to revisit this blade in the future?

Can't say that there were any bad shaves. Neither was I over impressed. It did last for the week. Would not necessarily be inclined to press it any further. Can't really complain for an 8-cent blade (100-pack). Found very few reviews for this blade online.

Top Bottom