What's new

The 2023: 1-Blade, 1-Week, Daily Shaving Adventure

Oddly enough, my choice was going to be a Nacet too. I've tried it once before and really enjoyed it.

Well, I guess we will have to wait until next week to see you and your Nacet!

I had one Nacet that I did retire early after about five shaves last year. That did puzzle me. Enough, that I did repeat it and it lasted fine for the entire eight shaves.

I was jumping from one blade to another last year so that I could compare one with a higher number of days to a blade with only a few shaves. I thought it would help keep my judgements more balanced.

Since I was planning the weekly thing for this year, I was attempting to keep the blades in rotation for 8-shaves last year, to push them one extra day.

This year I'm attempting a real weekly blade change shaving schedule.

I have acquired some smaller quantities of the following 12-blades. Which I will be folding into the random mix. These additions will extend my native Adventure another 3-months, without a repeat.

Lol Titanium
New Lord Platinum
Sharp Hi Chromium
Treet 7 days Platinum
Treet Carbon Steel "Black Beauty"
Treet Classic
Treet Dura Sharp
Treet King
Treet New Steel
Treet Platinum
Treat Silver Carbon Steel
Treet Trig

I didn't even know that Treet made that many blades! Good luck with the carbon ones lasting a week. 😉
It can be done with some of them. Jean strop while wet can keep em nice. Even without that they're hardier than you might expect. I'll be stretching a Silver out next week.

It can be done with some of them. Jean strop while wet can keep em nice. Even without that they're hardier than you might expect. I'll be stretching a Silver out next week.
I've never tried one. I'm just going on many posts here on B&B where the guys are saying after 2 shaves it's done! :) Of course, many guys say that with the stainless blades, too.

This hobby has too many YMMV variables to get any certainties. :c9:

Kai, pass

full

I have always been able to get six good shaves out of a Kai without feeling like I am pushing it so one more seemed worth a try. I have been adapting my technique to this razor, some early shaves left me feeling like I was only going to go four shaves with this blade. These last two shaves, with my new technique dialled in, have been perfect! I am sure this blade could go longer, but I will continue to use them for only six shaves out of convenience. This is why these are my number one modern blade and reference standard for any new razor, they don't get nasty even after this many shaves! For modern blades, only Personna Supers(lab, med prep) can match this and I don't love the way those feel on my skin.

Shark platinum passed. Got a little tuggy and gave a few minor weepers after shave 5. Anyone whose facial hair doesn't resemble metal wires as mine does could probably make the week without the tugging due to degradation

This information is good to know. It is informative to those who have acerage facial hair and to those whose facial hair presents a challenge.

This is a real world down in the trenches challenge!

This information is good to know. It is informative to those who have acerage facial hair and to those whose facial hair presents a challenge.

This is a real world down in the trenches challenge!
Aye. I think 7 days is a good test time because it's not too far past what I'm reading as typically 3 shaves per blade without going into endurance testing. I'm beginning to see that it is quite attainable without subjecting oneself to bad shaves in the name of longevity. Should one desire to reach the full week and prepare according to their growth I'm inclined to think most mainstream/popular blades are fit for the task

Due to recent developments my blade this week is the Feather hi-stainless. I was going to try a Treet silver carbon but I've used those before. I've read a lot about Feathers only getting 2 shaves. I'll prep for my growth as usual and see how it goes.

That is certainly a bummer to hear. What was the failure?
It chewed up my face like the last time I used one a year ago. I caused some discontent talking bad about PPI blades and was only trying it to compare to Polsilver SIs. I guess I need to find a source for some again...

Top Bottom