What's new

INFO! The 2021 Gold Dollar Modification Competition Entry Thread

Today is July 1. It’s time for everyone who is modifying a Gold Dollar razor to show us your work. In truth you have a week. On July 8 I’ll open one or two polls where B&B members can vote on your favorite entries. We’ll keep the polls open until July 15.

By my count we had three people who said they were going to enter the unlimited class. These are modders who have done this before. I think there are also three new time modders. They would constitute the novice class.

We’ve had a lack of chatter on the original thread. I don’t know how many of you are still working. For that reason I’d like everybody who has a razor to show to please put the pictures in this thread. Also, please indicate whether you are entering in the novice or unlimited class. If we get at least two in each class I’ll make separate polls. Otherwise we’ll just have one poll. Make sense?

Please limit posts here to photos of completed entries. We all look forward to what you have created!

Novice class : pictures only (I'll put some more blurb in the other thread).

#1 : "Frank"

Frank 2021.jpg

#2 : "Eccentric Tendency"

x 2021.jpg

Best of luck to everyone.

No need for a poll this year. Congratulations @Kaldane! You are the winner of the 2021 Gold Dollar Modification Competition with two terrific razors.

I especially like Eccentric Tendency. The design and execution show a lot of class. We’ll done!

Thanks Saxonbowman - and for your work arranging things.

Well, that was strange. So much for going head to head against stiff opposition - by being the only one with a post by the deadline I feel a bit like I've "lawyered" it. If there's room for an honourable mention, shm would have got my vote (unless we subsequently discover that Ice-Man started with a W59 and made it look exactly like a 66).

I suppose I've "used up" my novice status now. Guess I'll have to put in a bit more practice before next time...

Thanks Saxonbowman - and for your work arranging things.

Well, that was strange. So much for going head to head against stiff opposition - by being the only one with a post by the deadline I feel a bit like I've "lawyered" it. If there's room for an honourable mention, shm would have got my vote (unless we subsequently discover that Ice-Man started with a W59 and made it look exactly like a 66).

I suppose I've "used up" my novice status now. Guess I'll have to put in a bit more practice before next time...
Well, you done good! As we always say the best prizes are the great razors you create.

I agree wholeheartedly @shm deserves an honorable mention. That razor was looking good!

And thirdly, yep you have to enter in the unlimited class next year!

I owe an apology to you guys as I had committed to entering a razor this year. I got very sick (allergic reaction to a drug) and was bed sick for weeks. Feeling better now. Next year for sure. Thanks for understanding.

No problem Ronnie. We certainly understand. Sounds like you went through quite an ordeal. I’m glad you are on the mend!

Top Bottom