What's new

The 2012 B&B LE Brush. Discussion thread.

96/100 has arrived and is a great looking brush. I love the handle, but I am not quite sold on the TGN knot. My other brushes are Simpsons, Duke 3, Rover and Classic, and the TGN seems a little too soft to me.

If anyone has the Shavemac knot and wants something softer, let me know and I would be happy to work out a deal.

I have a TGn 26mm and a 28mm each a finest 2band XH and the 26 is my favorite. Stiff enough for a puck but just right for a cream face lathered. I have a D01 in the 2012 and it is still virgin. The TGN knots rock is my opinion.

Mine has landed, but is now making the jump from AL to DE. I haven't seen it yet, and told my wife she couldn't open the box before sending it to me. Should be here in a day or two!

...and there it is.

#64 has completed the second leg of its journey! Pretty humorous that it had to go from NJ to DE via AL!

full

full

Thanks Rudy & B&B!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still patiently waiting in Canada. Hopefully my brush gets here soon. Didn't receive a shipping notice so I don't even know where it is at the moment which makes the waiting even worse.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Still patiently waiting in Canada. Hopefully my brush gets here soon. Didn't receive a shipping notice so I don't even know where it is at the moment which makes the waiting even worse.

Bryon
Canada is not shipped with paypal, so there will be no shipping notice, I have to write everything by hand (labels, custom forms etc and take it to the PO). Funny fact is that most brushes to Europe made it in less than a week, and Canada always takes sooo long.

Alert.... I lost 1 hair today, and it is showing the slightest bloom. I've got to return this to Rudy....this has to be defective !!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Bryon
Canada is not shipped with paypal, so there will be no shipping notice, I have to write everything by hand (labels, custom forms etc and take it to the PO). Funny fact is that most brushes to Europe made it in less than a week, and Canada always takes sooo long.

No worries Rudy. I know shipping to and within Canada pretty much sucks. Appreciate all the time and effort you put in to make these. The waiting will just make the arrival that much sweeter right?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

#21 finally made it to its destination today!! Take hope, yours may be close behind!

Bryon

Yeah, I kept seeing guys in Denmark, Croatia, and Darkest Inner Mongolia (aka New Jersey) get their brushes, and I still don't have mine ... argh!!

No worries Rudy. I know shipping to and within Canada pretty much sucks. Appreciate all the time and effort you put in to make these. The waiting will just make the arrival that much sweeter right?

+1

No complaints about You or Your Service, Rudy, that's for sure. It's just dang annoying that it takes so long for the package to get here once it leaves your door.

I have been using #19 exclusively since it arrived and it totally rocks! Getting better and better by the day for this face latherer.

Try being in the CF posted in Europe.. you think it takes long to get to Canada... Jebus

Guess I spoke to soon as #89 arrived at my door yesterday and yes I used it last night. Great brush Rudy. I like the way it feels in my hand, has a great weight to it. Love the TGN knot. That's what all my brushes have so I knew what to expect. Thanks Thanks Rudy and B&B.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
#21 had a great inaugural shave today, and lost 8 hairs. (Should settle down imminently.)

Dang but that thing has backbone.

After washing the brush and applying some hair conditioner to soften the bristles, I have been using #10 for a week. Does a great job and I am really enjoying it. Next week I will use the 2011 LE brush.

$B&B12 brush 2.jpg$B&B12 brush.jpg

My number 53 has finally been freed from customs!!!:clap:

Its at on my desk today, pity I already shaved this morning, but just you wait until tomorrow!

Thank you Rudy!!!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I must say I am liking the Keyhole handle much more than I thought I would. It fits very well in my hand, and gives the brush a bit of a "bowtie" look.

(I had expected it'd be a good handle, don't get me wrong, but I was keen on the DO1 part ... you could have stuck the DO1 in just about anything ... hey, there's an idea for an April 1st contest ... and I'd have signed on.)

Top Bottom