What's new

The 12 Pass Shave!!!!

I did it! I sucessfully pulled off the 12 pass shave today! Ok, well really I had a 3 pass shave using a Quatro.

I have used a DE for almost 2 years and I have really improved my shaving technique. So I thought I would give the Quatro a go with my new technique. I had a three pass shave with no irritation or nicks.

I am prone to ingrown hairs, so I will see if I get any...but over all it was a sucessful shave.

I can't say that I am switching back...but I guess the proof is in the pudding.

I'm not sure that I would look forward to any encounters with a mirror in T minus 2 days or so if I were you..... :eek::eek::eek:

Keep us posted, PICS or it never happened! :biggrin:

Another thing I think might happen after a few months of DE, is the the whole ingrown hair ordeal.

See, for me atleast, ingrown hairs were cause by pulling and stripping of whiskers that would curl up below the skin. Those that didn't go below the skin would just continue to be pulled on daily as I cruised along with my 1 month old Mach 3 cartridge.

Now, what I think happens when you switch to DE, is that your whiskers begin to grown relatively straight again as they are cut cleanly and with minimal pulling.

After a few months of that, you've effectively almost "trained" your beard, and after that a Schick or Mach3 won't be too bad. Just that once you get back to regular use of it, you might notice again the tugging and pulling that causes ingrowns.

There for a minute I thought you actually did a 12 pass shave, literally. Ok, well I suppose you did, indirectly but 9 of the passes were without proper lathering so i'm calling you on your technique. :lol:

Anyway, I too, would like to see pics in a few days if there is any significant reaction.

After DE shaving for so long I'm just wondering, Why would you even consider going back to a multi-blade crappy razor? Even though you seem to have had a decent shave one time, I can't see that happening again over any period of time. Good luck in your trials, but I think you've taken a hugh step backwards. :eek:

After DE shaving for so long I'm just wondering, Why would you even consider going back to a multi-blade crappy razor? Even though you seem to have had a decent shave one time, I can't see that happening again over any period of time. Good luck in your trials, but I think you've taken a hugh step backwards. :eek:

Nah, I am not going back for good....just kind of trying something I have not tried in a while.

Top Bottom