What's new

The $1,000 Dollar Shave

Been wet shaving off and on for almost a decade. I love the art, and I love the modern hardware and software offered. Like most of us, I started shaving with very inexpensive items that provided fantastic shaves. But as you get into the hobby and really want to treat it like a hobby and not simply a utilitarian requirement, the addiction to trying new things, and buying more expensive soaps, razors and brushes take hold. I had a bit of an epiphany today as I shaved. I really love high-end, well-made things which have led me to buy very pricey razors, brushes, soaps, splashes, etc.

Today I shaved with 1,000 dollars worth of equipment. I am not sure whether to feel gross, cry or be happy about it but it seems so weird. Yet at the same time, there is something so crazy and beautiful about being able to buy such fine items that (the hardware at least) could potentially last generations to come. So many of us pour lots of money into this hobby and have huge collections. It's pretty crazy to think about how much money is sitting on the counter sometimes. Do you all ever think about it?

Either way, I had a fantastic shave with my new Rocnel Sailor 2022, Declaration Grooming Cold B14 Jefferson, SV 70th Anniversary soap and splash.
View attachment 1546387

You forgot the blade! Surely it's $1,000.05 once you add that in 🤣

Top Bottom