What's new

Thayes hazel witch

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I've been using Thayer's unscented toner w/aloe daily for about 6 years. I have dry skin and follow it with balm/moisturizer.

I never use AS, I prefer to get my scent from cologne.

Same. I like Speick splash for this reason. Almost no scent and it fades almost immediately.

I use Thayers cucumber or lavender with aloe after every shave. My post shave is an alum block, witch hazel and then an aftershave product mainly for the scent. The witch hazel leaves my skin soft and smooth. I could easily omit the aftershave splash or balm and really be just fine. I just like a nice Bay Rum or Proraso scent to finish my shave. Witch Hazel is a must for my shave routine. Thayers is my favorite.
My routine is exactly the same, Alum, Cuke Thayers, then finish usually with Cremo cooling Post shave balm, Sometimes Lucky Tiger After Shave Cream, or several other non-balm after shaves

For many years, I have been using Thayers WH toner either rose petal or lavender. I started using it on a recommendation from my dermatologist.

BTW, I wrote to Thayers concerning the Medicated Superhazel. The individual who answered by email said there was not enough interest for them to continue producing it.
Not enough interest?? It's freakin SOLD OUT. I hate that they stopped producing it. It was my absolute favorite and I was hoping to be able to enjoy it forever. A real shame.

I use Dickinson's (14% alcohol) and add menthol, and some essential oils for scent and additional properties (lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus but I've tried others).

Still trying to dial in the recipe but I've been quite happy for years. Wish I could get a good recipe for the essential oils to make a lingering scent.

I use Dickinson's (14% alcohol) and add menthol, and some essential oils for scent and additional properties (lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus but I've tried others).

Still trying to dial in the recipe but I've been quite happy for years. Wish I could get a good recipe for the essential oils to make a lingering scent.

Look at the ingredients of products with scents you enjoy and try using those. For example: cinnemal, linalool, limonene, etc.

Top Bottom