What's new

Thayers

Hi gents

A heads up for those who are interested. Chemist Warehouse now stock Thayers. They had the Lemon, Rose, Lavender, Cucumber and unscented versions for $14.50 (355ml bottle).

Thanks

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Sounds good. We get Chemist Warehouse orders quite a few times a year. Thanks for the information.

Picked up some Thayers and gave it a try as so many people seem to like it. This stuff really didn’t agree with me at all. It dried out my face something awful. After three days of using it as an aftershave splash, my face and neck were totally red and sore. I thought it might be the razor but as soon as I stoped using it everything went back to normal. I’ll have to put this one into the ‘didn’t work out for me’ bin.

Picked up some Thayers and gave it a try as so many people seem to like it. This stuff really didn’t agree with me at all. It dried out my face something awful. After three days of using it as an aftershave splash, my face and neck were totally red and sore. I thought it might be the razor but as soon as I stoped using it everything went back to normal. I’ll have to put this one into the ‘didn’t work out for me’ bin.
Interesting! Which one did you use? Could you be allergic to one of the varieties?

I just picked up a bottle of the classic Thayer's Rose WH. I'm curious to see how moisturising it is. It's got Glycerin and Aloe, so it can't be terrible.

Interesting! Which one did you use? Could you be allergic to one of the varieties?

I just picked up a bottle of the classic Thayer's Rose WH. I'm curious to see how moisturising it is. It's got Glycerin and Aloe, so it can't be terrible.
I thought the same. I’ve tried the unscented and cucumber with the same result. I seem to get away with it on my forehead and nose but face and neck are a no go. I find it to be aimed more at drying and cutting excess oil rather than moisturizing.

I thought the same. I’ve tried the unscented and cucumber with the same result. I seem to get away with it on my forehead and nose but face and neck are a no go. I find it to be aimed more at drying and cutting excess oil rather than moisturizing.
Were those the Astringent versions? I've only used the Toners, which have no alcohol.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Were those the Astringent versions? I've only used the Toners, which have no alcohol.
No, the astringent version is different. I tried the Lavender, Rose, and astringent Thayers but found them to offer no benefit so I stopped using them. To be honest at times I wondered if they were nothing more than very weakly scented water. My wife loves the astringent version and uses it nightly as a facial cleanser and makeup remover; I now purchase it regularly for her. This is the astringent:

th.jpg

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu

THAYERS Alcohol-Free Unscented Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula, 12 oz​

This is the one I usually buy - around $10 on Amazon (free shipping for Prime).

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I've had a similar reactions to both Thayers (toner), and T.N. Dickinson's astringent if used daily. I found that if they are used less often, and sparingly, they were ok to use.

I now use either rarely.

Top Bottom