What's new

Thayers scents

After a year of wet shaving, I am reaching the bottom of my
Thayers rose petal. I am curious about the other scents: lavender,
cucumber, original. Your thoughts?

After a year of wet shaving, I am reaching the bottom of my
Thayers rose petal. I am curious about the other scents: lavender,
cucumber, original. Your thoughts?
I have used cucumber and lavender. Currently I’am going through a bottle of coconut and like it. Rose petal is the one I’ve not tried. If you’re a coconut lover you’ll like it I’m sure.
The three I’ve mentioned are a true representation of their respective scents.

I've been using cucumber. One night after a shave my wife said it smelled like sushi in the bathroom. It drove me nuts thinking my soaps must smell like fish. I thought about it some more and the light bulb went off. A few weeks later she said it smells just like a stink bug after killing it. I give up. Think I'm going with coconut next time. What's the worst thing the old lady will say about coconut?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I like the Cucumber and Lemon in warmer months and Rose and Lavender in cooler months. I didn't even know they had Coconut? I will be looking for that.

I've been using cucumber. One night after a shave my wife said it smelled like sushi in the bathroom. It drove me nuts thinking my soaps must smell like fish.
Well, I live in Japan, so smelling like sushi is not a bad thing. For older Japanese if something smells bad, they used to say it smelled like cheese. I am curious about the cucumber. Cucumber is a popular item in Japan. They ice is down in the summer and sell it on sticks. It is also served in restaurants as an appetizer with a spicy miso on the side as a condiment.

kyoto-japan-april-cucumber-stick-ice-under-136788603.jpg

Last edited:
I've tried unscented, medicated, lavender, cucumber, lemon,

Cucumber is my favorite scent. I love keeping it cold in the fridge and using it as a splash on hot summer days.

Lavender is not that great. I didn't get much scent from it so I gave it away to a friend who liked it.

Lemon and Medicated are great if you want alcohol. Medicated is better used for rashes, pimples, and other skin ailments but some folks use it as an aftershave. Lemon is a nicer scent than medicated.

Top Bottom