What's new

thayers medicated witch hazel w/aloe vera vs SUPER hazel?

From what I read, they changed from "Super Hazel" to "Medicated" when they updated the label format to look more retro or old timey. Supposedly the same product. There were several threads at the time. Hope this helps.

I've spent hard earned money on Thayers and I seen no difference between that and the no name brand at Wally World so I'm of no help.

The answer I got from Thayers:
"Yes, you are correct. The Medicated Witch Hazel is the Super Hazel. We just removed the word Super Hazel. The ingredients are the same. Have a great day.
Thank you,

Thayers

Betsy Streck, Customer Relations | THAYERS "

I love the super or medicated hazel too. I love the old Noxzema camphor eucalyptus scent, and the medicated has it. Follow it sometimes with a splash of Superior 70Mentholated and the scent stays for a while. I wonder has anyone ever made a splash or balm based on that scent? Not that I've ever seen.

I've emailed Thayers about a number of topics. At one time, they has small sample bottles of Thayers so you could sample or try them all. I asked if they plan to bring those back. Unfortunately, the answer was no. There was not enough demand for them and it was costly to produce them in small bottles.

I got another email about the two WHs.

"Hi,

The Super Hazel and the Medicated Witch Hazel is the same. Our formula remains the same we just changed the name.

Thank you.

Maria"

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I love the super or medicated hazel too. I love the old Noxzema camphor eucalyptus scent, and the medicated has it. Follow it sometimes with a splash of Superior 70Mentholated and the scent stays for a while. I wonder has anyone ever made a splash or balm based on that scent? Not that I've ever seen.

Based on which scent? The Noxema? Or the Superior 70 Mentholated?

Top Bottom