What's new

Thayer’s Cucumber Witch Hazel.... anyone using this?

I bought Thayer’s Witch Hazel based on a review. I got cucumber because it was on sale $9 vs 12 on Amazon for other fragrances. Cucumber?... I really like it. I stopped putting a cream on afterwards I liked it so much.

Last edited:
Yes, among my 3 Thayers Witch Hazel (Rose Petal & Lemon). I've been using the Thayers Cucumber since 1 year ago and find it's very refreshing. I am now on my 2nd bottle. I do mix some of the witch hazel with essential oils.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I currently have the lemon and the coconut water and like those very much. I've heard good things about the cucumber scent. Going to give it a try the next time I'm in need of Thayers! Thanks for the post.

I like the smell better than the rose, but prefer the medicated, which they no longer make.

Check out this thread, especially #4: Why did Thayers discontinue Superhazel? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/why-did-thayers-discontinue-superhazel.589714/#post-10747287 . I was a Thayer's Medicated user also. I found two bottles at a Marshall's but then found out it was discontinued. I found the Dickinson's Enhanced at a local CVS. It is good stuff and a worthy replacement for the Medicated, IMHO.

I use the Thayers cucumber as well and like it for an aftershave and it also helps with my psoriasis plaques

Check out this thread, especially #4: Why did Thayers discontinue Superhazel? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/why-did-thayers-discontinue-superhazel.589714/#post-10747287 . I was a Thayer's Medicated user also. I found two bottles at a Marshall's but then found out it was discontinued. I found the Dickinson's Enhanced at a local CVS. It is good stuff and a worthy replacement for the Medicated, IMHO.

Yeah, my plan once I found out is to use Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent and Thayers unscented or original in about a 50/50 mixture.

I use Thayers instead of an alum block, cold water rinse, splash on some thayers and finish with a nice aftershave balm...work great for me

Just came across this thread, I have it and enjoy using it. I also have PAA Cucumber soap and matching aftershave.
Can't get any closer to the scent than a real cucumber, really nice in the summer.

My process is very similar to Peterv1 - Shave, cold water rinse, theyers (either unscented or cucumber) toner, and aftershave balm. Has yet to fail me - but it is fantastic.

Last edited:
I use Thayers instead of an alum block, cold water rinse, splash on some thayers and finish with a nice aftershave balm...work great for me

That's what I have been doing for many years. I am currently using Rose Petal but have tried lavender, cucumber, original, and unscented. I like them all.

I don't care for it. The smell reminds me of the facial masks my sister and mother used while I was growing up. I did like the medicated, but that is gone now. Will probably go with a mix of unscented Thayers and a different mentholated brand WH.

I rotate the Cucumber with the Lavender, only because I have lavender to use up. I was told when I was visiting in the south (USA) that when you smell raw cucumbers; Beware!! Copperhead snakes are nearby. For you Europeans; Copperheads are a venomous pit viper, rattlesnakes without rattles!
I think of this often when using the cucumber.. I was walking in tall weeds with these guys, shorts and sandals, and they both had jeans and leather boots on. Yeah, It was copperhead country and they kinda made me uneasy! Sorry for the long pointless post!

Top Bottom