What's new

Thats now 4 in the toilet

It wasn't because of toilets, but I have a ruggedized phone that will take a little water and drops. That's why the kids got armored cases for their phones, with the tempered glass covers. The cases and the covers can get pricey, but they're cheaper than a phone.

It wasn't because of toilets, but I have a ruggedized phone that will take a little water and drops. That's why the kids got armored cases for their phones, with the tempered glass covers. The cases and the covers can get pricey, but they're cheaper than a phone.

Amen to this. I never have a phone without protection. Larger screens break easier. I buy a new phone every few years. With the cost of new phones, the cases are cheap insurance.

This one had all that protection, bumper case, glass screen cover. But the darn thing like the others just fell out of the pocket of my cardigan. Its like they took their own lives. SWMBO says its possible the toilet cleaning chemicals in the water rather than the drop that killed this one as it was only in for seconds. The others kinds treaded water for a little prior to being seen, if you follow me.

Can't think of a better place for a mobile phone. As I only use mine for an alarm clock, it stays on silent, airplane mode, with privacy off, inside my nightstand all day and it only comes out when I go to bed. My wife insisted I needed one, but she can't force me to use it. Kids, grandkids, great-grandkid & anyone else want to contact me, they have to text or call my wife. :001_tt2:

I have no intention of being a Pavlov dog to a bloody phone.

Bummer. Maybe it's a good thing a lot of the newer smart phones are water resistant. Can't say I've ever dropped mine in a toilet but first time for everything...

Amen to this. I never have a phone without protection. Larger screens break easier. I buy a new phone every few years. With the cost of new phones, the cases are cheap insurance.

+1. What's another $50-$100 to get a quality case and screen protectors when the phone may be worth several hundred or even $1000. I try to take good care of the things, but armoring it up is good insurance. I had my 5s for 4 or 5 years before getting the X I have now and I'm sure it wouldn't have made it that long without being in a solid case.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Working at a crap plant I can’t tell you how thrilled I would be to see a phone compared to the other stuff I see.

Never dropped a phone in the commode though.

Can't think of a better place for a mobile phone. As I only use mine for an alarm clock, it stays on silent, airplane mode, with privacy off, inside my nightstand all day and it only comes out when I go to bed. My wife insisted I needed one, but she can't force me to use it. Kids, grandkids, great-grandkid & anyone else want to contact me, they have to text or call my wife. :001_tt2:

I have no intention of being a Pavlov dog to a bloody phone.
I stick with my Doro PhoneEasy 612 flip phone, aka my "stupidphone".
The less it can do, the less time I'll spend on it.
proxy.php

Only immediate family has the number.
Monthly charges are way cheaper too.

Top Bottom