What's new

That's just tacky

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
One of the things I look for in an aftershave is that the product should be absorded quickly and completely. A very slight greasiness is tolerable in the dead of winter, but I tend to prefer my mug to be bone dry during the dog days of summers.

Having said that, I've become increasingly enamored of a/s's that leave my face slightly tacky. Aloe enhanced products seem to do this to a small degree, as do glycerin based concoctions such as skin food. My favorite, in terms of a tacky feel, is an unlikely candidate- Musgo Real splash. One would think that an alcohol based splash would dry as clean as can be, but the Musgo leaves me with a wonderful feel. Not quite fly paper, but none of the backyard mosquitos have dared to hover too close. The scent, as well documented, is out of this world, too.

Any fans of a/s's that don't just disappear?

Like you, I prefer this tacky feeling more in the cooler months--I've been reaching for my Yardley Gold alc-based AS splash the last few 90 degree+ days here in mid-Caribbean Michigan!

But when the temp plummets, I do like a bit of a reminder that I've used an after shave balm--for me I get a nice feeling from the CAR and NB balms, but am always on the lookout for another "regular date" (saw that term on an earlier post and kind of fancied it!).

I like them that leave my face tacky as well.

My favorites in order are:

D.R Harris A/S milk
Proraso Liquid Cream and Musgo Balm (a tie)
Brave Soldier Code Blue (almost TOO much).

The Code Blue is a distant third (4th?) but those are my favorites (at least right now).

ouch

I love the Musgo balm, which doesn't seem to get too much press. It's like a high end version of Proraso's crema liquida, no slouch itself.

Tacky skin? I want to projectile vomit just thinking about it. My goal is smooth, matte, dry, perfectly supple skin. Impossible to get in the winter. In the summer, a good quality alcohol-based aftershave (Musgo, Trumpers, etc.) followed by some skin food. Magic.

ouch

Is it just me? The Musgo splash leaves me far stickier than does skin food. I like the feeling.

I don't mind if my a/s feels tacky or greasey or whatever, as long as it goes away within half an hour or so and I feel natural from then on. Although the greasey feel can be annoying at first. Often I've put on a balm, gone downstairs, and my wide tells me my face feels "gooey". But it dries up and goes away in a while.

ouch said:
Is it just me? The Musgo splash leaves me far stickier than does skin food. I like the feeling.
Is it your wish to have flypaper face? Or just the desire to see Scotto projectile vomit?:lol:

ouch said:

On my mug, the musgo does feel tacky/sticky at first. That sensation eventually goes away and lends itself to leaving my skin very soft. I've never really though about how much I enjoy the tacky feeling, but I can say that Musgo Splash is one of my favorites.

I should mention that I have the newer formulation of Musgo, which does NOT contain alcohol....though I do find alcohol in AS's to work well for me too.

ouch

guenron said:
Is it your wish to have flypaper face? Or just the desire to see Scotto projectile vomit?:lol:

Not necessarily in that order.:001_rolle

Nicole from Gents, LLC was kind enough to send me a sample of her intelliGENTS aftershave balm.

It gives a very similar tactile feedback as you are describing, not really overly moist to be actively sticky, but moist enough to last through the day without every loose particle in the air getting stuck to your face.

It has a wonderful, "green-like", tea smell that seems more like a uni-sex scent than a necessarily manly one.

-joedy

Alright - before Scotto projectile vomits...

Let me re-state my meaning. I like it "tacky" for a bit, then it should soak in leaving behind a wonderfully conditioned, soft (not sticky) face.

I guess I figured it was a foregone conclusion that nobody actually enjoys their face lathered in lard all day...:blink: :001_unsur

HlSheppard said:
Alright - before Scotto projectile vomits...

Let me re-state my meaning. I like it "tacky" for a bit, then it should soak in leaving behind a wonderfully conditioned, soft (not sticky) face.

I guess I figured it was a foregone conclusion that nobody actually enjoys their face lathered in lard all day...:blink: :001_unsur

Well put. That should avoid Scotto's vom. . .up-chu. . .sickness.:cool:

For the really hot days I find that a few spritzes of scented witch hazel and a tiny bit of skin food is enough. When your face is already damp from the witch hazel, you can use even less skin food and it goes further.

Scotto said:
Tacky skin? I want to projectile vomit just thinking about it. My goal is smooth, matte, dry, perfectly supple skin. Impossible to get in the winter. In the summer, a good quality alcohol-based aftershave (Musgo, Trumpers, etc.) followed by some skin food. Magic.

Ditto , I feel I have an oily skin by itself so I dont need another bee wax on top of it ?

ouch

rustyblade said:
For the really hot days I find that a few spritzes of scented witch hazel and a tiny bit of skin food is enough. When your face is already damp from the witch hazel, you can use even less skin food and it goes further.

It's amazing how little skin food you need- three drops is about the max, and if my face is damp from a splash or toner, two drops is fine.

Top Bottom