What's new

That's all she wrote.

Today, I sadly finished the rest of my second favorite soap (only behind Arko). It pains me because I will never purchase it again, not because it's discontinued or a limited run but because it's ridiculously overpriced and not worth it. I still love it so much...
20200329_090745.jpg

Never heard of it. I think cella is a good substitute.

Cella is a good substitute. Vito's is similar but a kilo only runs around $12 plus shipping from the UK. As an Arko fan, I thought you might appreciate that.

Cella is a good substitute. Vito's is similar but a kilo only runs around $12 plus shipping from the UK. As an Arko fan, I thought you might appreciate that.

I will look into it. Thanks

Always a bummer to say goodbye to a favorite soap that you have decided to not replace.

Tabac, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Haslinger Schafmilch and LaToja (cream or stick) are all incredible soaps that don't break the bank. :thumbup:

Like most of us I have too much stuff, but the fat is one I keep telling myself I must try eventually.

You're going to end up spending a lot more than that tub of ABC and then just going right back to it anyways. How many actual, not hypothetical, shaves did you get from that tub of ABC?
Not an exact count but I'd say close to 200 shaves. The last year, I do believe that I've only used ABC and Arko.

Not an exact count but I'd say close to 200 shaves. The last year, I do believe that I've only used ABC and Arko.

So roughly $90 for 200 shaves. That's roughly 45 cents a shave. If a shaving soap rocked my world for less than 2 quarters a pop, I wouldn't even think twice about continuing to use it, and I'm a cheapskate! Still, that's definitely a high expense up front, so I can see the hesitation to repurchase.

So roughly $90 for 200 shaves. That's roughly 45 cents a shave. If a shaving soap rocked my world for less than 2 quarters a pop, I wouldn't even think twice about continuing to use it, and I'm a cheapskate! Still, that's definitely a high expense up front, so I can see the hesitation to repurchase.
I see what you're saying but while I really enjoyed the soap, I don't think it was astronomically better than soaps like cella that preform very well and are much cheaper. If money wasn't a thought, I'd go with ABC all day but for now, it is.

I see what you're saying but while I really enjoyed the soap, I don't think it was astronomically better than soaps like cella that preform very well and are much cheaper. If money wasn't a thought, I'd go with ABC all day but for now, it is.

Can't go wrong with a brick of Cella. Many here take 2 full years to go through it using it exclusively for daily shaves. At that rate it comes to roughly 5 cents a shave, pretty amazing!

Top Bottom