What's new

That Windsor feeling! My journey with the Windsor from Above The Tie.

@drydown As always, you know how to make a girl's day! :)

I'm here to help if there are ever any questions. Just give me a shout via the email. And maybe you guys will see me around here a bit more. I've learned a lot from reading many of your posts. Great dialogue. You guys are true connoisseurs.

- Manda

Hi Manda,
I love my R2 (aluminum) with Atlas handle very much.
It can almost provide me DFS with one pass+.
Could H2 be more efficient than SSH1?
When I know the classic version would retire soon,
I am on the fence if I should get M2 and H2.
I think M1 is surely too mild for me.
R2 is quite efficient and comfortable, but it still needs some care.
M2 seems to be a victor in providing care-free shave.
I appreciate your inputs very much.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have been totally enjoying the R base for two weeks now and as supereffective as it is, for today's Pentecost Monday I picked my favourite, the H plate.
I always feel I glow a little brighter after an ultimate BBS shave. 🌟

View attachment 1271464
And the bottle of Tuscany brings back a lot of great shaving scent memories of the eighties (or was it the nineties?).

And maybe you guys will see me around here a bit more. I've learned a lot from reading many of your posts. Great dialogue. You guys are true connoisseurs.

Awesome! Your presence and support is and will be very much appreciated! 🌞🌻🌹

And the bottle of Tuscany brings back a lot of great shaving scent memories of the eighties (or was it the nineties?).

Scents and memories - love this, thank you! Tuscany came 1984, btw. :)

The Windsor Pro with one scent that has accompanied me for my whole life and always will:

210525_14316-Above-The-Tie-Windsor-Pro_Simpson-Chubby1-Manchurian_Ivory.jpg

(1955, btw.🍷)

Great review 👍 I was about to order myself a karve CB (C) but having second thoughts now that polished SS windsor pro 0.90 looks very tempting

If you go through this thread, over it's course you will find huge and much appreciation for the Windsor Pro.
So much so that I said here in April:
This thread makes me smile big time! Isn't it remarkable how much everybody loves their new Windsor Pro?! 🤘😎

🌞

Great review 👍 I was about to order myself a karve CB (C) but having second thoughts now that polished SS windsor pro 0.90 looks very tempting

I can tell you the Windsor is the better razor. I have a Karve that will be going on the selling block soon. The Karve is a good quality razor, but didn't work out for me. The Windsor (at least to me) is of higher quality (fit and finish) and has better performance. I have the SSR1 top with CR1 base and Calypso handle. I haven't had it long, but it's been providing super shaves so far.

Last edited:

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Awesome! Your presence and support is and will be very much appreciated! 🌞🌻🌹

Scents and memories - love this, thank you! Tuscany came 1984, btw. :)

The Windsor Pro with one scent that has accompanied me for my whole life and always will:

View attachment 1271978

(1955, btw.🍷)
I always confuse Pour Monsieur and Pour Homme. I loved the one that came first. The current one is pretty nice, too.

I have a Windsor CR1 copper. The razor is elegant, the workmanship is very good and the shallow is secured, which surprised me a big plus, the razor at a high level can match the more expensive razors I love it
Thanks Manda 🌹
I look forward to your package with copper CR1 and CH1 plates
warm greetings from ReykjavikView attachment 1272021View attachment 1272022

I actually really like that combination with the super knurl handle. Gorgeous.

I have a Windsor CR1 copper. The razor is elegant, the workmanship is very good and the shallow is secured, which surprised me a big plus, the razor at a high level can match the more expensive razors I love it
Thanks Manda 🌹
I look forward to your package with copper CR1 and CH1 plates
warm greetings from ReykjavikView attachment 1272021View attachment 1272022

Is that the RR super knurl handle? Looks awesome with the CR base plate and stainless top cap.

You should try the SB-G. Whole different experience. ;)

ATT Mixed Metal CH1 w/Classic Cap:
View attachment 1272471
Karve SB-G w/Widebody Cap:
View attachment 1272472
These are two top tier razors. Both are a pleasure to use. Both are in my Big Dogs Rotation. :)

I had the F plate and loved the shaves but it as way too much for my skin. The E plate was also a bit much.

The D/OC was also not suitable but the D plate works well without being harsh on my skin.

Even though the D plate has a slightly bigger gap, the Windsor H is still more efficient for me due to less blade chatter than the Karve.

Blade chatter against the grain is a major determinant whether I get a close shave without skin sensitivity.

Btw how do you find the ATT classic cap?
I used their classic years ago and it was way too harsh for my skin.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I had the F plate and loved the shaves but it as way too much for my skin. The E plate was also a bit much.

The D/OC was also not suitable but the D plate works well without being harsh on my skin.

Even though the D plate has a slightly bigger gap, the Windsor H is still more efficient for me due to less blade chatter than the Karve.

Blade chatter against the grain is a major determinant whether I get a close shave without skin sensitivity.

Btw how do you find the ATT classic cap?
I used their classic years ago and it was way too harsh for my skin.

I find the SB-G plate to be exceptionally smooth. In my opinion, comparable to the SB-D.

The Classic cap provides an additional 1mm of blade compared to the Windsor cap. It provides slightly less blade support, more blade feel and more efficiency. I don't consider the Classic cap to be harsh at all. The Windsor cap might feel a bit mellower with slightly less blade feel. My skin is not very sensitive and so may not be a similar comparison point. Both caps provide great shaves. Bottom line, for me, is that changing to the Classic cap provided that last bit that moved the ATT Mixed Metal CH1 from the Runs With The Big Dogs Rotation (Windsor cap) up to the Big Dogs Rotation (Classic cap).

Hope this helps. :)

yes it's this RR super knurl handle and it looks great with Caps Windsor / Polished and CR1 copper plate but I have two hands waiting for a great collection of CH1 and CR1 which will be on May 28
For me, the Windsor CR1 copper beats the karve C bronze sheet, I also have karve D and G and I am very well built, I can't wait to start using CH1 copper

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
yes it's this RR super knurl handle and it looks great with Caps Windsor / Polished and CR1 copper plate but I have two hands waiting for a great collection of CH1 and CR1 which will be on May 28
For me, the Windsor CR1 copper beats the karve C bronze sheet, I also have karve D and G and I am very well built, I can't wait to start using CH1 copper

You should love the CH1. :cool:

Top Bottom