What's new

That Windsor feeling! My journey with the Windsor from Above The Tie.

oh, I think I got confused there for a second, the Pro actually has almost as much blade feel as the classic right? 1.7 mm vs 2mm or smth like that? sorry, my bad haha, I thought is was 1 there for a sec.

I'm not sure what it measures all I know is it feels good. Not real aggressive like some razors I have, like an Ever-Ready 1914, but it has just enough feel to it.

This thread makes me smile big time! Isn't it remarkable how much everybody loves their new Windsor Pro?! 🤘😎
oh, I think I got confused there for a second, the Pro actually has almost as much blade feel as the classic right? 1.7 mm vs 2mm or smth like that? sorry, my bad haha, I thought is was 1 there for a sec.

2 mm for the Classic is correct and I remember have read 1.7 mm for the Pro, I think it was in some review. Above The Tie writes in their blog article about the Pro: "By slightly increasing the blade exposure compared to the Windsor, we were able to retain the smoothness of the Windsor but bring back the sing of the Classic. Yes. You really can have it all."

The blade reveal of the Windsor Pro is considerably increased when I compare it visually to my Windsor. So that looks much more like the Classic than the Windsor, however the new angle seems to do much magic. 🎇

I love my Windsor Pro aluminum. ...

Welcome to the thread and thank you sharing the picture and your excitement! 🌞

Living vicariously, please keep those photos coming!

At your service, Sir! :001_smile

Here's my Easter Monday set-up with the Windsor Pro. Back to basics and this time it's für richtige Männer!

210404_141602-AboveTheTie-Windsor-Pro_Chubby2STBS_Pitralon.jpg

P.S.: A short note on 'Für richtige Männer' as stated on the Pitralon box:

Simply translated it would be 'For real men' (Für echte Männer) or 'For true men' (Für wahre Männer).
While that's both correct, 'Für richtige Männer' to me is an enforced variant like 'For real true men' or 'For damn real men'. Saying 'richtig' in this context is a bit with a wink and everybody I show it to instantly laughs. I don't know if Pitralon had used this slogan already in 1927, when they introduced it and probably way back then there was not much with a wink included as it is perceived nowadays. :wink2:

Last edited:
2 mm for the Classic is correct and I remember have read 1.7 mm for the Pro, I think it was in some review. Above The Tie writes in their blog article about the Pro: "By slightly increasing the blade exposure compared to the Windsor, we were able to retain the smoothness of the Windsor but bring back the sing of the Classic. Yes. You really can have it all."

The blade reveal of the Windsor Pro is considerably increased when I compare it visually to my Windsor. So that looks much more like the Classic than the Windsor, however the new angle seems to do much magic. 🎇

thanks for clarifying!
here is my morning, full of TOBS haha

IMG_9154.jpg

here is my morning, full of TOBS haha

View attachment 1246822

Für richtige Gentlemen! 🥂

Here are a couple images of my ATT Bronze set. These were a part of a limited run produced a few years ago. I have not polished mine deciding to let it slowly attain that classic bronze patina.

View attachment 1246892View attachment 1246893

WOW! Thank you very much, this is just pure excellence in beauty! 👑

I just wonder, if you kept it in the stand as I would have expected to have a less even patina built up then. However I want to note that I'm glad I'm not much of a collector, otherwise I would instantly begin the hunt for this numbered bronze set. So nice!

Für richtige Gentlemen! 🥂

WOW! Thank you very much, this is just pure excellence in beauty! 👑

I just wonder, if you kept it in the stand as I would have expected to have a less even patina built up then. However I want to note that I'm glad I'm not much of a collector, otherwise I would instantly begin the hunt for this numbered bronze set. So nice!
When they were received polished, they were stunning if I say so myself. I have seen some that had ageed quite a bit and had a very eye catching patina. However, if you want to keep the morror finish just polish them up and they look like gold. I may polish mine a post some photos. Perhaps someone here here will show their Bronze ATT razor.

The biggest difference I have found between the models is the blade reveal, not blade exposure.

The classic has about 2mm of blade show.
The Windsor Pro aluminium is about 1.7mm.
Windsor Pro SS is 1.5mm.
Windsor is 1mm.

My skin doesn't tolerate high blade reveal (or exposure) and the Windsor is by far the smoothest, most comfortable ATT razor.
It's so good that it currently holds the #1 position in my den!

The biggest difference I have found between the models is the blade reveal, not blade exposure.

Windsor Pro SS is 1.5mm.
Windsor is 1mm.

My skin doesn't tolerate high blade reveal (or exposure) and the Windsor is by far the smoothest, most comfortable ATT razor.
Tempted to get the SSH1 :)

When they were received polished, they were stunning if I say so myself. I have seen some that had ageed quite a bit and had a very eye catching patina. However, if you want to keep the morror finish just polish them up and they look like gold. I may polish mine a post some photos. Perhaps someone here here will show their Bronze ATT razor.

As much as I would love to see pictures when polished, as much I love the patina there. I wouldn't touch it. :wink2:

Windsor Pro SS is 1.5mm.
Windsor is 1mm.

Argh! Shame, shame, shame! It was your review that had the data ... and I even linked to it right in the beginning. :facep:

Thank you for giving the info again! And yes, I agree, it's more the blade reveal than the exposure - and the new angle.

Tempted to get the SSH1 :)

Same here, @nav . The Windsor SSH1 is my undisputed king.
@J.Atique , you need one! The duality of tenderness and efficiency of the SSH1 is unbelievable. Think of an R41 that understands. The SSH1 loves your skin. It's magic! ✨

Last edited:
Has anybody had experience with their "Returns"? Google reveals little unfort.

As shown in my opening post my set had 2 caps. One was a new one as part of the Windsor set, the second cap was from their returns. If there was a difference at, it must have been the minimal difference in the polishing I seemed to notice.
Later as I was so happy with my Windsor and as I like the mixed metal look, I ordered 2 copper plates from their returns. I don't know, how 'new' copper plates would look like, but honestly I wouldn't have complained if those plates had been declared as new, so immaculate they look.

Above The Tie doesn't do monkey business, I bet you will be fine with anything you order from their returns section. I strongly assume, that what has been returned, hasn't been returned because it was faulty, but from the test drive they offer. So I would only expect slight marks of use.

So thanks to this thread I purchased my first new razor in about 7 years - and I really, really appreciate it!

I already had 4 ATT razors, so at least I didn't need a handle. It's a very nice razor.

After 7 years with already 4 ATTs in the den ... this is so cool! Thank you for returning and sharing and I'm glad that you like your new piece! 🌞

So, which one did you get on top of your M1, M2, R1 and S1?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
As shown in my opening post my set had 2 caps. One was a new one as part of the Windsor set, the second cap was from their returns. If there was a difference at, it must have been the minimal difference in the polishing I seemed to notice.
Later as I was so happy with my Windsor and as I like the mixed metal look, I ordered 2 copper plates from their returns. I don't know, how 'new' copper plates would look like, but honestly I wouldn't have complained if those plates had been declared as new, so immaculate they look.

Above The Tie doesn't do monkey business, I bet you will be fine with anything you order from their returns section. I strongly assume, that what has been returned, hasn't been returned because it was faulty, but from the test drive they offer. So I would only expect slight marks of use.

+1 to this.

My experience with the CH1 plate from ATT Returns mirrors that of @drydown. :thumbup:

Top Bottom