What's new

That Windsor feeling! My journey with the Windsor from Above The Tie.

Gentlemen, it's been some time. First and foremost: Happy New Year! 🌞✨

I thought I drop by with an update, though changes are few and small. My Windsor is still all I ever wished for, so much so that I even resisted many times to order the new base plates.

The 'old' Windsor SSR1 has become my daily standard as it is so super-effective. It's only in the winter season, that I use the SSH1 on my neck to go even easier easy on my turtlenecks and scarfs at the end of the day. As I have two Windsors, I use a copper plate for one and a steel plate for the other configuration, which is a comfort I appreciate.

In the combination of a BBS and the ease of use without having to pay attention the SSR1 is perfect for me. I don't need to go milder or more aggressive, but still the curiosity how their new plates would work, has never left me. Probably some day.

From the many soaps I showed in my pictures most of them have seen their end of life in my den. My old classics - MWF, Tabac and Haslinger - have stayed and a puck of those I use out of nostalgia and tradition in the winter time.
My favourite since last year is Ach Brito Mogno. It gives rich lather and this always reliably and instantly, almost as great as Haslinger and the blades glides just as easy as it does with MWF. And I love the mild, fresh and wooden scent.

Here it is with my Windsors:

230103_16554_Above-The-Tie-Windsor.jpg

230103_16559_Above-The-Tie-Windsor.jpg

Cheers to all and to the wonderful people from @Above The Tie and my dear friend @J.Atique and virtual kisses from across the ocean to Mariah! 👋😊
Bernd

Last edited:
Gentlemen, it's been some time. First and foremost: Happy New Year! 🌞✨

I thought I drop by with an update, though changes are few and small. My Windsor is still all I ever wished for, so much so that I even resisted many times to order the new base plates.

The 'old' Windsor SSR1 has become my daily standard as it is so super-effective. It's only in the winter season, that I use the SSH1 on my neck to go even easier easy on my turtlenecks and scarfs at the end of the day. As I have two Windsors, I use a copper plate for one and a steel plate for the other configuration, which is a comfort I appreciate.

In the combination of a BBS and the ease of use without having to pay attention the SSR1 is perfect for me. I don't need to go milder or more aggressive, but still the curiosity how their new plates would work, has never left me. Probably some day.

From the many soaps I showed in my pictures most of them have seen their end of life in my den. My old classics - MWF, Tabac and Haslinger - have stayed and a puck of those I use out of nostalgia and tradition in the winter time.
My favourite since last year is Ach Brito Mogno. It gives rich lather and this always reliably and instantly, almost as great as Haslinger and the blades glides just as easy as it does with MWF. And I love the mild, fresh and wooden scent.

Here it is with my Windsors:

View attachment 1582204
View attachment 1582205

Cheers to all and to the wonderful people from @Above The Tie and my dear friend @J.Atique and virtual kisses from across the ocean to Mariah! 👋😊
Bernd

Great to see your update!

The Windsor is one of the finest razors ever produced!!

Top Bottom