What's new

That darn Piccolo!

Enjoyed an evening with pizza and a couple of cocktails on the deck with my lovely wife. Decided to end the day with a rare evening shave (day and a half growth). On a whim picked up the oft ignored Fatip Piccolo. Popped in a second use Nacet. OMG! I seriously don’t know why I don’t shave exclusively with this razor! At $20-25 for a nickel plated brass razor that shaves as smooth and efficiently as this, EVERY wet shaving hobbyist should have this little treasure in his den!

Attachments

• 5562A253-30EB-44CD-AAC0-ECE649D0CC4F.jpeg
    5562A253-30EB-44CD-AAC0-ECE649D0CC4F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Enjoyed an evening with pizza and a couple of cocktails on the deck with my lovely wife. Decided to end the day with a rare evening shave (day and a half growth). On a whim picked up the oft ignored Fatip Piccolo. Popped in a second use Nacet. OMG! I seriously don’t know why I don’t shave exclusively with this razor! At $20-25 for a nickel plated brass razor that shaves as smooth and efficiently as this, EVERY wet shaving hobbyist should have this little treasure in his den!

An excellent razor for sure. :)

Great! Still, that's not the way these "Hold my beer" moments usually work out. Glad yours turned out well.

I have the SE and find the OC efficiency to my liking but the gentile head smoothness better.

I'm kind of stuck in the middle as I wish the efficiency of the gentile plate was higher.

But overall, I agree with the sentiment that it's an awesome shaver at fantastic value for money!

In terms of value for money the Piccolo SE that give you the oc and gentile plates in the black and gold colours is really hard to beat. It can shave as well as a razor that costs even ten times its base cost and it looks great and feels great in the hand - like an italian fountain pen that happens to remove facial hair. Other than Fatip's reputed dodgy qc at times (which I have not experienced with my piccolo), there is really no good reason why any razor aficionado who wants a razor rotation should not have one in his collection.

They do make a fatip piccolo gentile cc, but not common for USA vendors it seems. The special edition piccolo easier to find has metallic black type finish and gold baseplate comes with both open comb and closed comb gentile plates. The grande and wooden handled fatips have the same head as piccolo CC gentiles.

Last edited:
Great work!

The secret to a great shave is a GREAT PREP: Pizza, and cocktails on the deck with LOTH!! :a17: :a17:

(Of course your hardware was also excellent!!) CONGRATULATIONS, life does not get any better!!

Well, at 15 bucks, I had to order a Piccolo, just to see. Supposed to arrive Friday.

I'm looking for simplicity in my shaves, so much so that I'm looking to replace my Rockwell 6S with its multiple plates and go to one SS DE w/one plate. Still, a few guys put Fatip on my radar as a nice, durable alternative, and I don't like to travel with my daily driver, so something different I can pack for trips while still getting efficient shaves would be great. Anyway, maybe it becomes my daily driver, maybe it's just for travel, but I'm looking forward to it. First new DE I've bought in quite some time.

This thread inspired me to invest in a Fatip although I ended up going for the Classic Grande open comb because I liked the look of the handle. I’ve shaved with it twice now and think it’s brilliant. One of the best products I’ve purchased for under £20 in my opinion.

Top Bottom