What's new

Thanksgiving leftovers

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
A little early yet but what are your plans for the leftover turkey?

We love the leftover recipes as much as the 'day of' dinner.

I'm not a big fan of turkey sandwiches but at least one is obligatory.

My favorites are (not in order):

Enchiladas, gumbo, turkey pot pie, and if I can get my friend to make them... smoked turkey tamales!

Sometimes I will smoke one turkey and fry another just so we can be sure and have leftovers.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
We always buy and smoke a turkey or two when the Thanksgiving sales start. When it comes to the family meal, I always have to dine on dry turkey that someone else makes.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Turkey sandwiches. Turkey soup. And then we pitch it. Sometimes we dont’ even get to the turkey soup.

I’ll probably give a lot to the chickens this year.

I'm all in for leftovers. I tend to "push" for a bigger than necessary bird just to have left overs. Usually the wife says no. But this year we're having an extra guest, so a bigger bird was purchased. I'm sure they'll be plenty of left overs left over!

I prefer a simple turkey with a little mayo and a sprinkling of garlic salt on whole wheat bread.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Turkey sandwiches. Turkey soup. And then we pitch it. Sometimes we dont’ even get to the turkey soup.

I’ll probably give a lot to the chickens this year.
Last year or the one before our neighbors raised Turkeys and gave us one. We always raise chickens for meat and have had a few 10 lb birds after processing them. The turkey they gave us was 40 lbs! It was a challenge, to say the least, lol.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Last year or the one before our neighbors raised Turkeys and gave us one. We always raise chickens for meat and have had a few 10 lb birds after processing them. The turkey they gave us was 40 lbs! It was a challenge, to say the least, lol.

Wow, just wow!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wow, just wow!
I'm not even sure it was their biggest. We have WONDERFUL neighbors, I've lived here my entire life. The ones that my son refers to as his grandma and grandpa said once that the reason they didn't move South after he retired was because our wives are so close. Incredible.

We start off with turkey sandwiches, turkey salad for sandwiches, and turkey pot pie. My wife makes a fantastic turkey pot pie. It is filled with turkey meat and mixed vegetables.

I'm actually begging my wife to do something other than the traditional Thanksgiving fare. I'm not a big fan of any of that stuff. She could thrill me with a good steak and potato.

proxy.php

A hot chicken sandwich mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, but with turkey...hot turkey sandwich.

Top Bottom