What's new

Thanks

I want to throw a quick shout out to all the members who have shared their wisdom in here. A little over two months ago I was lured into the straight forums, trying to decide whether or not I'd surrender and try out straights. I stumbled across the past GD competitions and was amazed at some of the work many of you were able to do with these razors and this had me jumping down the rabbit hole of razor-modding wisdom contained within these hallowed halls. I wasn't sure if I could do it, but all the information from the B&B sages was easily accessible. Less than a week later, a new GD mod competition was posted and I threw my hat in the ring. In just under two months, I not only learned how to confidently use a straight razor (though I'm still growing in my skills), but also was able to take a GD from the rough and polish it into something less rough. None of the skills involved included anything from my past skill sets--unless you count sitting and polishing for hours on end in which case the Army trained me how to shine some boot, and floors, and probably some other equipment.... At any rate, what I'm trying to say is thank you. I was blown away with the help offered both past and present.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Beyond sage, we also have parsley, rosemary and thyme courtesy of Paul and Art. (I wonder, is it THAT Art?)

I think what I'm trying to say is: Thank you for showing us that using a straight, honing and even mod'ing one isn't something that requires years of dedication to jump into. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom