What's new

Thanks Rik

Although this would probably more appropriate in a private message, I would like to publicly thank Rik for taking the time to apologise for the comments that shaveready made yestarday. I had read the comments myself, but decided to refrain from replying because I felt it beneath me. Although some of the comments were hurtful, the terminal illness one stood out for me (it isn't terminal BTW,) in general I found it to be very entertaining. So once again thanks to Rik for publicly defending me on the forum and for taking the time to PM me. Also, big thanks to NMMB, AACJ and Woodbane who were the first to respond to the funny little fellow's comments. Also Joel for your defence and kind comments. It is very much appreciated.

Alex,

I rather enjoy your posts and feel that you make a valuable addition to B&B.

The general prevasiveness of Gentlemanly conduct on this forum makes it a delight to read and a pleasure to contribute.

-joedy

AJS,

As I said in a PM to you, "I only said and did what I felt was right and I don't think that I should be praised in any way for doing what is so obviously the right thing to do."

The world becomes too difficult a place when people won't look out for other people...

woodbane said:
Ron, you're gonna have to explain that one to me, I'm not following you...........:confused:

He's referring to one of the great philosophers in our time, Mr. King who said, "Can't we all just... get along?"

-Nick

I'm a firm believer that if one of our own is going to be attacked, WE will do the attacking. If an outsider comes in and tries...wee, you can see the results!

Randy

Maybe a stupid question but to which thread is being referred here? Would like to be able to follow along if you don't mind. ;-)

The thread has been deleted. It was Kyles "What Works for Me" thread. Someone decided to hijack it to launch a rather bitter attack on me, then Joel and finally the forum as a whole. It is a shame it has gone though, as the little troglodyte's comments were very amusing. Still, the amount of support offered was very touching, so I suppose the thread did serve a purpose after all.

Perhaps off topic, perhaps not. I have found that I can post on this board without fear of being attacked for things that range from the content of my post to my spelling and use of grammer. I and proud to belong to such a board and enjoy both reading and posting here. As well, the at times, robust interactions are educational and entertaining.

I still belong to another online community, but no longer read nor post there due to the existance of a troll. Is very sad when a troll can have that much power over one's choices.

Darren

stropmegently said:
Perhaps off topic, perhaps not. I have found that I can post on this board without fear of being attacked for things that range from the content of my post to my spelling and use of grammer. I and proud to belong to such a board and enjoy both reading and posting here. As well, the at times, robust interactions are educational and entertaining.

I still belong to another online community, but no longer read nor post there due to the existance of a troll. Is very sad when a troll can have that much power over one's choices.

Darren

We usually wait until you have 100 posts before we come after you for spelling and grammar...

I usually explain it this way. I can spell, my fingers are a bit challenged! I have made MORE than my share of errors!

Randy

We usually wait until you have 100 posts before we come after you for spelling and grammar...

I really wish I could say I was being witty with those mistakes, sad part is I wasn't :eek:

Well, I is a graduate and the more better for me!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darren

stropmegently said:

I really wish I could say I was being witty with those mistakes, sad part is I wasn't :eek:

Darren

Darren,

I've done the same thing!

Randy

stropmegently said:

Darren

I'll have you no I's a gradute to. My mummy was so proad wen my kindergarden teacher caled me name...

I can perfectly live with spelling and grammar errors on online forums as long as the message itself is structured. I much more prefer a few of these mistakes over a post which contains several sentences without a single newline or new paragraph. This of course depends on the length of the post itself.

This doesn't mean I don't prefer correct spelling and grammar though. ;-)

I think the use of correct spelling and grammar will partially influence the image that other forum members (depending on the forum as well of course) have about you and it's a sign of respect to the board in general, however I could be wrong.

Top Bottom