What's new

Thanks Rik

Ashe,

I actually agree with you. I was just having a little fun. I definitely agree that at least comprehensible sentence structure and punctuation is very helpful. With some slack for our "foreign" members: You know they never taught those Brits to spell properly. :wink: Seriously, though, it is nice to make a post readable. On the other hand, I hardly expect anyone not to make a few typos - or to always have correct spelling. I know I do not. I have to do enough proofreading at work....

Shane

I think the larger issue here, not to hijack the riveting discussion of spelling and grammar :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: , is the recognition of the friendly, open, accepting nature of the B&B community.

After you've been on the forum for a few months you'll notice that you see newcomers post the same questions that you've seen several times--and that the first, most patient and helpful responses often come from the most veteran members of the forum.

I for one really appreciate never being made to feel like my questions are silly or not worth asking, though I full well realize that many of them were--and are:redface: .

So, thanks to all for helping to maintain a civil, gentlemanly sense of community here--it makes B&B a special place.

mrob said:
that the first, most patient and helpful responses often come from the most veteran members of the forum

That couldn't be closer to the truth. Being fairly new here I had the same questions as everyone else and no post seemed to address my concerns directly - thought they did but I just didn't know it. This site and the people on it have been really enjoyable. The funniest thing about it all has been that I keep coming back. Once I figure out the information I need I generally don't revisit a site. This site keeps drawing me back even though I'm not "researching" to much at this time. I think it is because of the people. Not too many places where a bunch of guys can sit around and shoot the crap without egos getting involved too much. Heck, when was the last time you were in a big group and discussed grooming?!?!?!

Truly, I was pleasantly surprised to find some pretty level headed and intelligent folks. A lot of times you find that the folks passionate or "really interested" in a non-typical topic are rather odd ducks.

Having said all of this - I am buying my HD tomorrow and if I end up tearing my face apart I will curse you all to my grave!! (ok, not really but I may utter a few profanities under my breath)

This is definitely a unique place and one that I am proud to be associated with. While there are so many little things that I enjoy about B&B, the easy going atmosphere and the true gentlemen that I get the chance to converse with (and subsequently have become friends with) are the reasons that I continue to visit.

Top Bottom