What's new

Thanks for having me, B&B!

Hey B&B!

After a couple of months lurking and reading posts here, I finally decided to make an account.

For all my post-teen years I have been not only a non-single-blade shaver but not even a wet shaver at all - I got by fine with just using a Braun electric razor before showering. No pre-shave, no post-shave, no nothing. No complaints but no particular praise about the resulting shave either. Until at some point a friend of mine who is really into wet shaving decided to gift me a safety razor and a little bit of matching gear, which I have been starting to get the hang of recently. Not sure I am getting better or more comfortable shaves than with the electric (yet) but it's certainly a much more enjoyable ritual.

I will say this - out of all online communities I have been a part of or have observed from afar, it seems to me that the wet shaving community is one of the most decent, tolerant, civilized, and amicable out there. Looking forward to interacting with you guys.

tempImagelWI3aD.jpg

will say this - out of all online communities I have been a part of or have observed from afar, it seems to me that the wet shaving community is one of the most decent, tolerant, civilized, and amicable out there.
Welcome to B&B - the definitive source for gentlemanly, decent and friendly behaviour towards fellow wet shavers.

The level of generosity is beyond what I ever expected joining this forum. It is amazing and heart warming.

And you are off to a very fine start with your Tatara! Excellent first razor!

Guido

Welcome to B&B - the definitive source for gentlemanly, decent and friendly behaviour towards fellow wet shavers.

The level of generosity is beyond what I ever expected joining this forum. It is amazing and heart warming.

And you are off to a very fine start with your Tatara! Excellent first razor!

Guido
I concur wholeheartedly with what Guido said so eloquently.👍😊💈

Welcome.
The gear you posted will do you well. A very nice beginning setup for sure. You are starting out with good equipment so you should be getting great shaves very soon. It does take a little practice so just keep it up. Learn the angle and shave off the lather. That's all the pressure you need. Pressure is the biggest thing newbies have to learn. It takes very little.

Glad to have ya in the group and ask questions. We are here to help.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Bienvenido, and well-said!

I cannot prove it, but believe my dirty foil Braun was a major zit-causer. It was never sharp, I am sure of that.

Can't go wrong with scrubbing your face with soap, a sharp blade, and an alcohol douse after.

:c2: "an alcohol douse after" of aftershave, that is! :kyle1: If anyone does a shot of booze after shaving, not judging. :letterk1: Though it IS theoretically morning at that point ...

AA

Top Bottom