What's new

Thanks for answering my barbershop survey. Want to help me pick a name now?

Do you like any of these barbershop names? If so, which one(s)?

• Pendragon ('s)

• Maxim ('s) - ala Maxim de Winter

• The Gilded Comb

• Modern Gentry

• Messrs Shear & Combes

Results are only viewable after voting.
To me, classic barbershops had very simple names:

David's Barber Shop
David's St. Louis Barber Shop
D.M. Barber Shop (Insert your initials)

I like traditional. But you're talking about being more upscale. Will you offer more than just shaves and haircuts? If other products and services will be offered then I see a reason to have a more general name to suggest a Gentelmen's hangout rather than just a place to drop 2 bits.

Two Bits. That's a good name isn't it?

Although at first glance I voted for Modern Gentry, Looking back I feel as if someone passing by would not know what the heck Gentry is, even if it has Modern in front of it. Modern Gentlemen may be young enough, like myself, that the word Gentry does not ring a bell like a simple spinning barber pole may do.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Maxim ... the magasine will sue you, and your customers will expect cheesecake.

The Gilded Cornball and Messrs. Cornball and Silly ... manage to be pretentious and silly at the same time. Bad combination.

I dunno about Pendragon.
I expect to walk in, dust off my old dice and have a rousing game of Dungeons and Dragons.
I voted for the last one. It sounds the classiest to me.

I couldn't quite put my finger on why I didn't like Pendragon ... until I read this.

... Modern Gentry is the name that sucks the least. Damning with faint praise, I guess.

I would say stick with your last name for the shop. Taylor's, Trumper's, Truefitt & Hill, all names and all classic.

Ok, no D&D hijack intended here, we need a new thread for that. :thumbup1:
(I usually get stuck as the Cleric)

English town names would be a good way to go too.
Lots of things from the UK sound classy.
I'm detecting from your other threads that you are looking to be upscale.

Clearly, you're not nerdy enough, maxman! When a proper anorak hears the word 'Pendragon', he will think of Pendragon RPG by Greg Stafford. A great little game originally from 1980s that we whip out every time we want to play the Knights of the Round Table...

We're Knights of the Round Table
We dance whene'er we're able
We do routines and chorus scenes
With footwork impeccable:thumbup:

Sorry for the intrusion btw.

What's your last name? What are your initials? Are you opening this shop solo or with a partner?

M. Mori - Barber

Sounds respectable to me. No confusion about it either. Possibly boring, but I assure you that a catchy name is not going to draw more business unless you become a chain of locations.

Phil

I agree. It's simple and easy to remember.

I like Pendragon but most people would not get the name. Uther was his first name.

Geez... tough crowd!

Well, if you guys don't like any of them, it's back to the drawing board. This place is for you, more or less.

DB Cooper's. :lol: :lol:

If anyone else got that, I salute you.

What's your last name? What are your initials? Are you opening this shop solo or with a partner?

M. Mori - Barber

Sounds respectable to me. No confusion about it either. Possibly boring, but I assure you that a catchy name is not going to draw more business unless you become a chain of locations.

Phil

I actually like this. No-nonsense, dignified...if you need something extra, you could have a subtitle like "traditional shaving + top service" or whatnot, but you might not need it.

I voted for Pendragons for 2 reasons - 1) I like the old england feel of the name & 2) because you could have a really cool dragon in your logo... :001_rolle

It's really hard to choose a name for your business because you're going to have to live with it for a really long time. Is there something in your area that you could use in the name? Something that will make you stand out, but familiar enough to your customers to draw them in? You're in a really historic area, and when I look at a map there seems to be some really interesting site names there that you could maybe draw on?

Just my 2 cents.... I still like Pendragons - for a logo I'm seeing 2 dragons on each side of a banner with the name on it.... :blush:

Crazy Dave's could have real dragons...

proxy.php

Top Bottom