What's new

Thanks B&B -- A dry place in a storm

I want to say a big thanks to B&B and all the folks (admin, moderators, Ambassadors and general members...did I forget anyone?) that have created an interesting and collegial place to discuss and share the one thing we all have in common -- traditional wet shaving. For weeks now since the pandemic hit it seems the world has been turned upside down creating a lot of stress, unease and uncertainty. My daily time on the B&B forums have been a welcome reprieve, a dry place in the storm of life and I appreciate it very much. I hope everyone will join me in a round of applause and thanks to those that keep the B&B lights shining bright!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
And I have no idea what is expected of an "Ambassador" my friend, but you sir are one of my favorite bright spots here. Thank you, Dave
Basically to keep conversations going, make sure their subforum is running smoothly, etc. Like the meaning of the word ambassador, they are a face of the site who, like different ambassadors representing the US in different countries (sub forums, in this instance), represent B&B. They used to be called Stewards, and assist the Managers (moderators) keep this site rolling along, a haven in the insanity of the Internet.

I want to say a big thanks to B&B and all the folks (admin, moderators, Ambassadors and general members...did I forget anyone?) that have created an interesting and collegial place to discuss and share the one thing we all have in common -- traditional wet shaving. For weeks now since the pandemic hit it seems the world has been turned upside down creating a lot of stress, unease and uncertainty. My daily time on the B&B forums have been a welcome reprieve, a dry place in the storm of life and I appreciate it very much. I hope everyone will join me in a round of applause and thanks to those that keep the B&B lights shining bright!
Agreed!! I have been a hobbyist for some time now and am still very passionate about Traditional Shaving. I also am fairly new to this site and have had nothing but great experiences speaking to a lot of you. Also, pre-Covid I have only spent maybe a couple of hours total in these forums. I am now on all day 5 days a week as I am working from home.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Well put. I know I certainly share your sentiments.

I've been off and on the forums since 2011, but it is only since this madness began that I've really engaged and participated to the degree that I currently do. B&B has become one of my favored connections to the world at large. There's a welcoming spirit of community here, which, while hard to describe, is nonetheless palpable.

Thank you all for being here.

I was very active about 5 years ago, but life hit and I didn't have the time to be here. I never stopped traditional shaving though! I too am back because I have more time due to working (teaching) from home. Glad to be back, see some familiar faces, and some new guys. The ambassadors do a great job, and they all should be commended.

I think really that everyone here is to be commended. Our mods and ambassadors certainly. But also everyone else too. I have never in my 40 years aimlessly blundering around this rock have a seen this large a group so welcoming of just about anyone. The newbiest noob feels his voice is just as heard as the grizzled old vets. And everyone is so damn helpful!

I've actually had the opposite problem, I'm "essential' so I've been going to work daily. And I've been here kinda coming down from the day. Pretty effective.

Most agreed. Thanks to everyone who make this community possible. Good on you Rusty for creating this thread!

Bravo! I couldn’t agree more. The folks that keep this community running smoothly deserve our thanks. The membership is comprised of the most gentlemanly and courteous people on the internet, always ready to help, commiserate, and pray for each other. It is by definition A Community!
I thank each and everyone of you for the contributions you make.
Let’s get READDDDY to SHAVE!
Tim

Top Bottom