What's new

Thank you!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum for such a wonderful knowledge resource, and an incredibly helpful community. I have had a large gap in my time wet shaving, having switched over to the dark side of electric shavers for a few years due to convenience, but have realised the error of my ways.

When I last had a proper razor I used a Merkur 34C, which I enjoyed but decided to switch things up a little and go for - after reading many threads on this forum - a FOCS. I couldn’t be happier! I only really shave my neck, and with two kids only have the luxury of doing so a couple of times a week, so the open comb is very welcome. My razor arrived this afternoon and despite an eight-year gap since my last proper shave I have achieved a passable result with no cuts or weepers, and minimal burn. It’s so much smoother than what I was achieving with my electric razor and infinitely more enjoyable. I decided to pick up some sample pots of Cyril Salter shaving cream which is wonderful. I have the Vetiver, Citrus, Sandalwood and Rose. So far the Citrus and Rose are firm favourites, and the lather I was able to achieve with just my fingers was incredible. I have a Simpson’s Trafalgar T1 en route and am looking forward to putting it to use.

I really just wanted to post to say thank you, I am very grateful to everyone for posting their thoughts and guidance, it is very helpful for a newcomer like myself.

Haha indeed! I’m looking forward to jumping into the forum properly - I felt like an imposter before having a proper shave again!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum for such a wonderful knowledge resource, and an incredibly helpful community. I have had a large gap in my time wet shaving, having switched over to the dark side of electric shavers for a few years due to convenience, but have realised the error of my ways.

When I last had a proper razor I used a Merkur 34C, which I enjoyed but decided to switch things up a little and go for - after reading many threads on this forum - a FOCS. I couldn’t be happier! I only really shave my neck, and with two kids only have the luxury of doing so a couple of times a week, so the open comb is very welcome. My razor arrived this afternoon and despite an eight-year gap since my last proper shave I have achieved a passable result with no cuts or weepers, and minimal burn. It’s so much smoother than what I was achieving with my electric razor and infinitely more enjoyable. I decided to pick up some sample pots of Cyril Salter shaving cream which is wonderful. I have the Vetiver, Citrus, Sandalwood and Rose. So far the Citrus and Rose are firm favourites, and the lather I was able to achieve with just my fingers was incredible. I have a Simpson’s Trafalgar T1 en route and am looking forward to putting it to use.

I really just wanted to post to say thank you, I am very grateful to everyone for posting their thoughts and guidance, it is very helpful for a newcomer like myself.
Welcome, come on in, the water's fine!
Oh Brother Feb  2017  Z Delmar Dd001.jpg

So glad you find this forum to be a helpful, friendly place.

As a beginner myself (6 months), I'm not sure I could/would enjoy this hobby and shaves nearly as much as I do without the folks here.

Welcome!

Top Bottom