What's new

Thank you Cal for the blades.

62975AE4-2896-44E5-AABF-47A5819BF2CE.jpeg
Just received my sample pack of blades thanks to Cal. Now it’s a case of deciding which one I should try first! I will post on here which ones I like most.

Thanks again!
Jason.

I like the platinum blades.
Rapira Platinum Lux
Personna Platinum (German Blues)
Bic Platinum Chrome (trying them now)
These are in the sweet spot of what works for me. Your mileage may vary.
Enjoy your journey.

Thanks for your replies! I have already made up my mind what blade I will start with and its going to be (cue drum roll please...)

The Bic Blade. I have been curious about trying them so they will be tested first. Once I have tried some of the different makes I will post my verdict on this thread.

Jason.

Thanks for your replies! I have already made up my mind what blade I will start with and its going to be (cue drum roll please...)

The Bic Blade. I have been curious about trying them so they will be tested first. Once I have tried some of the different makes I will post my verdict on this thread.

Jason.
Great collection and good choice! I was surprised at how much I enjoyed using the Bic. I really don’t see any bad choices so you are set! 👍

That is a great selection of blades. You should find a blade that works for you. I have tried them all except the Personna with the gold label and the Permasharp. My two favorite blades in the world are in that sampler, the Wizamet Super Iridium and the Personna Israeli Red.

So far I have tried the Bic blade. As mentioned in another thread it wasn't harsh like a Feather but still felt a bit rough. It did a reasonable job so I gave it 6/10. I will use that for my remaining 2 shaves before trying another blade (I change the blade every 3 shaves).

The next blade in the queue is the Voskhod Teflon coated blade. I've never tried a teflon coated blade before so that will be my next blade of choice. Results will be posted as per usual.

Jason.

Top Bottom