What's new

Thank you B&B...for contributing to a richer, more satisfying life

Ok....the title is maybe a little overdone BUT REALLY...

After a couple of years of DE shaving, due almost entirely to this site, my life, especially my mornings, are enjoyable again. I cant believe I would have ever been caught dead saying this but... I LOVE SHAVING!:001_tongu But before B&B...I hated it!:blushing:

Now,after a couple of years of shaving with wonderful soaps (Tabac, Cella-Crema Da Barba, Ogalalla Bay Rum & Sandalwood, and Provence Sante Green Tea) and creams (Musgo Real, TOB Avocado, Speick) and wonderful brushes (Semogue,E.J), and my trusty and wonderful birthday year vintage gillette d.e. razors (1955) and really sharp blades, my mornings are my favorite part of the day.:thumbup: And where else could I have found out what a miracle witch hazzle is!? :001_tonguSuch a wonderful, calming ritual that starts my day...I wish I could convince more of my friends to give it a try.

Through B&B I also returned to using fountain pens after 35 years.:001_tongu What a satisfying way to communicate. What an enjoyable way to participate in written communication.:thumbup1:

It is funny how taking some time to participate in and appreciate some rituals of the past can enrich and help us appreciate (survive) our world and lives today.:wink2:

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this site that made this transformation possible....Keep up the great work!:thumbup:

Ok....the title is maybe a little overdone BUT REALLY...

After a couple of years of DE shaving, due almost entirely to this site, my life, especially my mornings, are enjoyable again. I cant believe I would have ever been caught dead saying this but... I LOVE SHAVING!:001_tongu But before B&B...I hated it!:blushing:

Now,after a couple of years of shaving with wonderful soaps (Tabac, Cella-Crema Da Barba, Ogalalla Bay Rum & Sandalwood, and Provence Sante Green Tea) and creams (Musgo Real, TOB Avocado, Speick) and wonderful brushes (Semogue,E.J), and my trusty and wonderful birthday year vintage gillette d.e. razors (1955) and really sharp blades, my mornings are my favorite part of the day.:thumbup: And where else could I have found out what a miracle witch hazzle is!? :001_tonguSuch a wonderful, calming ritual that starts my day...I wish I could convince more of my friends to give it a try.

Through B&B I also returned to using fountain pens after 35 years.:001_tongu What a satisfying way to communicate. What an enjoyable way to participate in written communication.:thumbup1:

It is funny how taking some time to participate in and appreciate some rituals of the past can enrich and help us appreciate (survive) our world and lives today.:wink2:

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this site that made this transformation possible....Keep up the great work!:thumbup:

+1 Well stated, my friend. I believe you are in good company here. Thanks for sharing and I hope you continue to enjoy your shaves.

Don

ok....the title is maybe a little overdone but really...

After a couple of years of de shaving, due almost entirely to this site, my life, especially my mornings, are enjoyable again. I cant believe i would have ever been caught dead saying this but... I love shaving!:001_tongu but before b&b...i hated it!:blushing:

Now,after a couple of years of shaving with wonderful soaps (tabac, cella-crema da barba, ogalalla bay rum & sandalwood, and provence sante green tea) and creams (musgo real, tob avocado, speick) and wonderful brushes (semogue,e.j), and my trusty and wonderful birthday year vintage gillette d.e. Razors (1955) and really sharp blades, my mornings are my favorite part of the day.:thumbup: And where else could i have found out what a miracle witch hazzle is!? :001_tongusuch a wonderful, calming ritual that starts my day...i wish i could convince more of my friends to give it a try.

Through b&b i also returned to using fountain pens after 35 years.:001_tongu what a satisfying way to communicate. What an enjoyable way to participate in written communication.:thumbup1:

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this site that made this transformation possible....keep up the great work!:thumbup:

+1,000,000

If the number of happy faces used in a post is any indicator of how you feel, you seem like the happiest man alive!:lol::thumbup::thumbup1::001_smile:tongue_sm:lol:
I agree. Great post.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
greenbackcut:
Thanx for your thoughts and comments. I too believe that a return to things, indulgences and pursuits of the past that still do have a bright future in the present and beyond.

What is important, other than to welcome you (back?), to the B & B, is to also thank you for dis-engaging you're 'lurking device'. :thumbsup:

It sounds after all these years, you're 'off and running' and you are right to imply that this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and alround 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving (and other manly pursuits), experience. :biggrin1:

Also, it was very wise and 'sage' advice to get a Razor Blade Sampler in the past (such a shame that many members do not), to see what blade was a good fit (mild, moderate & aggressive, ect...), for your face and Razor...I happen to like Feathers with my Merkur's 23C & 38C razors (among other blades), too :thumbup1:

Additionally, I assume you may not be additted yet, but there's time because we all suffer (and are doomed :laugh:), from this shaving complusion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Additionally, please don't deprive us of your varied breath of shaving knownlegde, experience and wisdom. Lets hear from you more often, come join the fun in posting and sharing Threads, Replies and/or PM'S :thumbup:

Christopher
proxy.php

Attached Image...a.k.a. The Lurking Device

Last edited:
You are right about me being absent from the "fold" for a while. I selfishly got all my questions answered, acquired the razors I wanted and then went happily on my way. I even tried straights (while Im glad I did...it is not for me....I dont heal fast enough and my colleagues at work were starting to wonder about my evening activities. ;-) So I will be stopping by more often to learn and share. Thanks for all of the comments to this thread.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I dont heal fast enough and my colleagues at work were starting to wonder about my evening activities. (like you belonged to you local Fight Club...right? :a11: )
So I will be stopping by more often to learn and share. Thanks for all of the comments to this thread.
greenbackcut:
Glad to be of service. :biggrin1:

Christopher
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom