What's new

TFS Bergamotto Neroli, the Italian answer to MdC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used it with three brushes till now: Vie-long horse pro number 1, Omega Pro 49 and Herban Cowboy. Result is the same with all three. Next up is Omega 00065.

I used it today with my Semogue caravela using Marco's method, although I didn't load the brush nearly as much as I normally do. After bringing the brush to my face an explosion of lather followed. This is for me the most easy to lather soap by far and without using a lot of product. There was plenty of glide and cushioning for a very, very comfortable shave. I find the scent very pleasant, very "light", citrus. I'm not good at describing scents so I'll leave it at this.

About the price, as a comparison, in Holland and most of the EU, this tub costs about as much as MWF including the ceramic dish, which is very reasonable. Not cheap but it doesn't come close to MdC and the likes.

I used it today with my Semogue caravela using Marco's method, although I didn't load the brush nearly as much as I normally do. After bringing the brush to my face an explosion of lather followed. This is for me the most easy to lather soap by far and without using a lot of product. There was plenty of glide and cushioning for a very, very comfortable shave. I find the scent very pleasant, very "light", citrus. I'm not good at describing scents so I'll leave it at this.

Marco's method is not the way here, me thinks. I shake of almost all water and swirl for only 5 seconds. That is enough. Really like the scent :thumbup: and the post shave feeling is very good too.

I have used this a couple of times since last week. Starting of with a relative dry brush doesn't seem to work for me, it looks like Marco's method is the way to go for me.
I still haven't tried the Ciotole Barbe Blu.

I have used this a couple of times since last week. Starting of with a relative dry brush doesn't seem to work for me, it looks like Marco's method is the way to go for me.
I still haven't tried the Ciotole Barbe Blu.

What brush did you use? The Semogue Caravella? Do not know that one. I was not impressed about the way things went with the Omega 00065, but it turns out that brush has not yet broken in. Am working on that now, and will try again.

Last edited:
Here you go:
Bergamotto Neroli on the left, Ciotole Barbe Blu on the right.
proxy.php

And the ingredients:
proxy.php

First ingredient stearic acid. Not sure what to think about that...

What brush did you use? The Semogue Caravella? Do not know that one. I was not impressed about the way things went with the Omega 00065, but it turns out that brush has not yet broken in. Am working on that now, and will try again.

I used the Caravela, 50% premium boar and 50% finest badger. I've also used a semogue SOC and a TGN Finest brush. All with comparable results for me. Then again, YMMV.

First ingredient stearic acid. Not sure what to think about that...

Stearic acid is what makes shaving soaps awesome! it's the magical ingredient in tallow...well one of the magical ingredients in tallow since tallow is like 20% stearic acid, so this is like boiled down concentrated tallow!!

well not really but almost every shaving soap worth anything has stearic acid added...

Hi Wil and others,

We would love to do so. We just concluded a succesful groupbuy to the U.S. on another forum, but I would like to make sure that the mods agree to this first ofcourse. Although we're not an official vendor on the B&Bforum, I would like to make sure that we follow the rules as they are in place for a groupbuy. And then there would have to be someone willing to play a huge part in this by collecting and distributing the products to the individual participants.

But, we will try and be as flexible as we can, whether it is with one product as mentioned in this thread or with other products that B&B-members may want. But that also depends very much on the person who has to repack and send the packages further on.

Thanks for the interest and just pm me on anything you might want to know.

Thanks,

Eric

anyone have a good idea on ship time from Netherlands to CONUS? i bought a couple of jars to save on shipping, so check the BST once they come in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom