What's new

Texas winter storm

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Anyone have an outrageous electric bill after the storm knocked out the power grid here? Those $17,000 bills for the month are crazy. At the legal fluctuating price that went to $9,000 a kwh people are getting double and triple hit...the storm damage, no heat for those with total electric, and deaths got hit again with a crazy electric bill. The State is stepping in for that.

ERCOT an PUC are getting looked at real close.

We are on propane for everything but light bulbs and well pump, and we are on a rural electric co-op that locks in prices for two years at a time from the provider so our electric bill has been about $80 a month for the last couple of months.

There was a warning on TV today to conserve electricity until tonight from the Dallas TV stations a 100 miles away, but that was cancelled earlier. It seems ERCOT is in big trouble. Torches and pitchforks.

Our rolling black outs only lasted about 30 minutes at a time and we didn't even have to start the generator. There was a segment on the news (yeah, I really trust the news) about generator sales picking up. That I believe.

All of our outside animals survived, and our inside ones didn't want to go outside. :biggrin1:

North Texas here. We got nailed by the storm but we did not see the high rates as a result. It is my understanding that the high rates are a result of those who purchased their electricity through wholesale providers such as Griddy. Crazy stuff.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Anyone have an outrageous electric bill after the storm knocked out the power grid here? Those $17,000 bills for the month are crazy. At the legal fluctuating price that went to $9,000 a kwh ...

1618591085820.png

"And the problem is ... ??"

Top Bottom