What's new

Texas Red Chili Recipe

This Texan came looking for a no bean chili fight. I’ll refrain because it seems people are knowingly (with respect) choosing to make chili flavored bean soap instead.
Carry on.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Pulled the last pound of my Red out of the freezer to use a bit for a frito pie. Looks like I need to get more supplies for another batch.

1578877330982.png

SWMBO came packing this home awhile back that someone had gave her at work. I'm kinda skeered of it.

1578877493824.png

1578877581455.png

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I've been thinking I'd like to try a batch of chili made with beef short ribs...

View attachment 1042245

assorted chilis seeded and oven roasted...

short ribs seared...
View attachment 1042248

Threw it all together and let it simmer in the oven for several hours. Pulled the ribs, rescued the bones and put the cut up meat back in the chili. Let the chili simmer some more. Will chill the whole pot over night and pull the excess fat tomorrow. It's shaping up to be an epic batch! :thumbup: .... even with the beans I put in. :whistling:

Connie, excellent looking batch!

I used short ribs in my last TX Red and I don't think I'd do it any other way now.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Did a throw-together batch tonight with what I had. The very red serrano I had was very hot...glad I only used half of it in this small batch. It will calm down overnight. The red jap pepper was a little warm also.

1585357476752.png

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Thought I'd try the Texas Chili Company stuff tonight. Better than Wolf canned, but it needs to be stored in the refrigerator or frozen. But I will always have two or three cans of Wolf in the cabinet.

1588034626110.png

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don’t know if I mentioned it, but my 18 year old granddaughter came home a few months ago. Her father had been keeping her from us and her brother and sister (different father). I just asked her if she likes Red. The answer to my text was “YES!!!!” I guess I know what I’m doing tomorrow.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I don’t know if I mentioned it, but my 18 year old granddaughter came home a few months ago. Her father had been keeping her from us and her brother and sister (different father). I just asked her if she likes Red. The answer to my text was “YES!!!!” I guess I know what I’m doing tomorrow.
Ha, ha...Yes

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ha, ha...Yes
When it’s just me (wife and other two grandchildren don’t eat it), I find it hard to motivate myself. The oldest wants me to show her how to make it, so that will give me some time with her. With my work schedule, me taking care of grandson’s education and her helping the granddaughter, we don’t get to do much together. It has been a long 5 years, have to make up for that. We are all going to Fredericksburg Thanksgiving week, also.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
When it’s just me (wife and other two grandchildren don’t eat it), I find it hard to motivate myself. The oldest wants me to show her how to make it, so that will give me some time with her. With my work schedule, me taking care of grandson’s education and her helping the granddaughter, we don’t get to do much together. It has been a long 5 years, have to make up for that. We are all going to Fredericksburg Thanksgiving week, also.
Please eat some sauerbraten in my place.

...sausage, eat that too.

Please take pictures or our relationship is over. Lol.

Top Bottom