What's new

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yep, we ate meals from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre restaurant. The original house from the Hollywood movie. Um...I had to inspect the fillet closely to make sure it was real beef. I really don't care for human thigh or buttocks.

20190727_184742.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
That shot of the sun behind the cloud made for a kinda scary setting. Good shot!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
20190726_165158.jpg
Come hither, my pretty.

Zoom Zoom. Buzzz

Is that in Austin?
Not in Austin....Kingsland, Texas. We stayed in a real train caboose across the street from the Grand Central Cafe...which is the house used from the orginal movie.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I'm sorry, its not really about the house or hotel...its about the food and drink.

I ate a beef fillet oscar with a hollandaise sauce....what!!!!?????

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Wow. That looks like a neat place...and not too far from you. I have been feeling the need to go someplace for a two or three day stay.

Been thinking about Robbers Cave and it's about 2 hours away. Dad used to take me there quite a bit when I was a kid, but I haven't been there in about 10 years. Or there is Broken Bow that's about 45 minutes away. Decisions, decisions.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was thinking the same thing. Just so happens that shot happpened.
This is where you were supposed to say " I saw the clouds and winds coming together, but I had to wait 20 minutes for the perfect shot. I burned through a whole roll of film!"

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
We ordered the original movie from Netflix so we could compare our pictures with scenes. From what i remember the movie is really campie and rough.

Top Bottom