What's new

Testing new blades

I thinking about ordering new blades just for some testing, can you guys help me out in my selection ?

this is the list so far from razorbladesclub

BIC – CHROME PLATINUM
CROMA – DIAMANT any good ? only reason is becasue they are German
DERBY PREMIUM
EUROMAX – EMP800
GILLETTE – MINORA expensive blade, I already tested all the Gillette blades
GILLETTE – SPUTNIK
MERKUR – SUPER PLATINUM another expensive blade and German blade
MÜHLE
PERSONNA – PLATINUM German
RAPIRA – PLATINUM LUX
SHARP TITANIUM, titanium blade ?
SUPER-MAX – witch variation, there so many ?
TATRA PLATINUM
TIMOR – STAINLESS STEEL
WILKINSON – ECONOMIE
WILKINSON – SWORD (GERMANY)
BOLZANO – SUPERINOX INOSSIDABILE
RAZOLUTION

anything that I missing, or blades that I should not try ?

I already tested
Almost all Gillette blades
Personas, Usa and Israel
Dorco prime
Astra
DERBY EXTRA BLUE
FEATHER – NEW HI-STAINLESS
PERMA-SHARP – SUPER
KAI – STAINLESS STEEL
POLSILVER
VOSKHOD

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Sputnik blades are great for me. Croma diamont blades are okay for German blades. For a country that makes some of the best straights, they really make some awful DE blades. Muhle and Merkur DE blades are just about unusable. The rest are YMMV. But I personally don’t care for any of the other blades in your list. But other people love lots of those blades. You just have to try them all and see what clicks for you.

I would add:
Derby Usta
Bluebird
Personna Lab Blues and/or Med Preps which are US made.
Shark Super Stainless/Super Chrome/Platinum

I love the German Wilkinson Sword blades; they are almost all I use. I wouldn't use any of the others on your list to order. Maybe the Rapiras. But blades are very YMMV.

Derby premium and tatra are good blades and the german personnas are replacing the israel ones if qc is the same it's a really good blade. Some of the lord blades can be excellent, but silver star and lord platinums are ones I would definitely try out. Sharks can be a decent blade some rave about them I only found the stainless a decent sharp blade nothing too special though.

In my sampler pack as interesting as the different blades were for me, those that were difficult to obtain or ridiculously expensive never made it past the "just for fun" point of the trial. Feather blades for example were very sharp but they lacked longevity for me....the fact that they were double the price or more of a BiC blade automatically removed them from the running of my top 3.

I've been trying out different blades for the past 3/4 months, these are my favourites in this order

1. polsilver
2. perma sharp
3. Gillette nacet
4. Gillette silver blue
5. Astra SP

I just finished doing several shaves comparing left vs right using a Lab Blue vs Super Max Blue Diamond. The Super Max holds its' own against the Lab Blue and is worth having in my blade rotation.

Top Bottom