What's new

testing Leica Q2

new item, 28mm fixed lens, f/1.7, full frame sensor, 47MP 1.5 lb.

proxy.php

here are sample shots, both handheld, 1/30 sec.

q2 samples.jpg

Legion

Staff member
Should be a very nice camera. I was lucky enough to get invited to the local launch event of the version 1. It was a pretty tidy camera, although my pockets are not deep enough to actually buy one myself.

Having owned a camera with 40+ MP, I personally feel it is more trouble than it is worth, at least for my own photography. But I guess if you are dropping the coin for this, then the computer and storage expense is not an issue.

I am not sure I am a fan of what Leica has become in the last couple of decades, but the quality is still there.

well, at one time i had the fuji x100t as a travel camera.
it was nice but not quite wide enough and just moderately good in low light.
while i'm not a leica enthusiast by any means, the q2 seems to hit a sweet spot.
i'll find out!

It is a very nice camera I have heard. The photographer we hire at work shoots this for 98% of his/our work and have upgraded from the first Q. Think he said he sold all his canon gear after a year with the first Q. 28mm work very well for him. He do architecture, construction, industrial type photos and travel a lot so I can see that this small package is attractive for travel compared to hauling around all the Canon gear. In and out of sites all over Europe often on the same day. Not that a DSLR with a 28mm would be to big to carry but with 28mm and 47mp I think it also get some cropping headroom.

the q2 has been a good street camera, easy to carry around, unobtrusive, faster than cell phone, at least in most situations. below, essentially full frame, 1/125 sec, f/5.6, iso 640 (auto).

proxy.php

Top Bottom