What's new

"Tester no cap" what does that mean?

I have noticed that there are some places that sell scents "Tester no Cap" and that it is cheaper. Is it usually the same stuff that is normally in the one that is not a tester?

Thanks,
Richard Adams

Yup; it's a bottle they sent to a store for use byt customers to test. They take the cap so that the store can't just sell it as a new item. Same juice otherwise.

Some folks will spray a bit of the scent into the cap to smell the scent, this means that the actual product on the shelves will become depleted, to obviate this they have separate samples for patrons.

Testers is a great way to get juice that's otherwise too expensive. I would never fork out $300 for a 4oz bottle of Creed (that's how much it sells for in Canada) but don't mind picking up a $60 2.5oz tester :)

Like others have said, Testers are the exact same juice. Their purpose if for display only so most companies don't bother with a cap. So if you like your collection to look nice or have it on display you should probably spend the extra cash and get the regular. But if you're price conscious (like most of us these days) just go for the Tester.

They are certainly cheaper! I will be on the lookout for them. I use the travel atomizers so actually testers will waste less during the transfer.

Later,
Richard

They are certainly cheaper! I will be on the lookout for them. I use the travel atomizers so actually testers will waste less during the transfer.

Later,
Richard

Well, when we say no cap, that's just a cover for the atomizer; it'll still have to be sprayed out one spray at a time.

I heard somewhere that testers are actually BETTER than the reuglar stuff because they put more oils in the testers so that they last longer when applied to help sales. Anyone ever heard of this before? I'm not sure if its true but it sounds right to me.
Btw, I reached 100 posts which is small to some, but a milestone for me.

Cheers

I heard somewhere that testers are actually BETTER than the reuglar stuff because they put more oils in the testers so that they last longer when applied to help sales. Anyone ever heard of this before? I'm not sure if its true but it sounds right to me.
Btw, I reached 100 posts which is small to some, but a milestone for me.

Cheers

I've heard this theory too and the opposite theory as well, that the testers are less concentrated. Others say that the sample vials have the more concentrated juice, only to be countered with a contrary opinion that it's diluted. I've even heard the various sales assistants express different opinions on the subject, a Guerlain girl told me the samples are more concentrated while a By Kilian lady said that their testers are diluted. I think all the theories may be true, and it's possible that some testers are concentrated while others are weaker and some (I suspect most) are exactly the same as the big bottles... I haven't been able to draw any definitive conclusions with any of my testers/samples/bottles, they all seem the same to me with the exception of Creed's Green Irish Tweed which has some funky variations even between bottles.

Testers are the way to go IF you can get them from a reputable source. I have purchased Creed Green Irish Tweed and Erolfa for $79 each from Perfumers Haven on the bay, and once I challenged them on a bottle and they sent me a replacement AND let me keep the original bottle. A VERY fair deal, if you ask me, and compared to $205 at Nieman Marcus the Erolfa was a steal and absolutely authentic.

As for GIT being different it is usually because Creed makes all colognes, edt's, and edp's by hand, so variances in each lot will eventually show up to a trained nose. I'm not a trained nose so it all smells good to me!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I know you have to be careful with scents and they are pretty expensive so I don't like making mistakes.

Take Care,
R

Top Bottom