What's new

Test vials of cologne

S

Sam

you get a test vial of the scent, how fair is it going to be? Will the notes change dramatically? Will the scent be as short or as long-lived as if you sprayed it on? I ask because a tester of Dzing I got from L'Artisan, I can barely detect on my wrist. Mure Et Musc is said to be lighter, but it is stronger but I get a Powder detergent smell, albeit a good one, rather than any citrus.

So how do I decide if I get a bottle or not, assuming that the vial sample is not indicative of the actual scent in a sprayer bottle>

Sam said:
you get a test vial of the scent, how fair is it going to be? Will the notes change dramatically? Will the scent be as short or as long-lived as if you sprayed it on? I ask because a tester of Dzing I got from L'Artisan, I can barely detect on my wrist. Mure Et Musc is said to be lighter, but it is stronger but I get a Powder detergent smell, albeit a good one, rather than any citrus.

So how do I decide if I get a bottle or not, assuming that the vial sample is not indicative of the actual scent in a sprayer bottle>

Both the Staying power and the nature of the scent on your person will differ than others. You'll find that while some people can wear a fragrance and smell it 8 hours later, it will vanish within a couple hours or less on you.

I don't think sample vial will make a difference but often using an atomizer will enhance a fragrance and keep it more true to itself....maybe try with other cologne sample.

The little vials give you a sense of how the scent smells on your skin, which is very important. However, they do not necessarily give the same impression as out of an atomizer, which changes the delivery of the scent quite a bit. If you like the scent from the vial, you will certainly like the scent from the bottle; the duration and sillage may be different from the original bottle, though.

I found Dzing! very fleeting on my skin, BTW.

Top Bottom