What's new

Test Post

Well, gentlemen, this is it. After five enjoyable but acquisition-filled years of wetshaving, I have decided it is finally time to clear out the rest of my shave gear that is just not seeing as much use it should.

However, I'd like to minimize the number of trips I take to the post office, so how about an incentivized quantity discount? Purchase two high-ticket ($50+) items, take 10% off the total price. Purchase three high-ticket items, take 15% off the total price. Four or more? 20% off the total price.

All items ship with free CONUS shipping via First Class Mail, but because it's so much easier for me to use flat rate boxes, I'll upgrade you to 2-day Priority Mail (includes tracking & delivery confirmation) for only $2.00!
Insurance available at your expense. International buyers pay actual shipping costs.

I apologize for some of the photos - I dropped my darn camera halfway through taking these and had to switch to using my phone.

Feather All Stainless $150
proxy.php

Bob's Razor Works Ultra Lite Bull Mastiff w/ Gillette New Deluxe Head $84
proxy.php

Shavemac Custom Two-Band D01 in Genuine Buffalo Horn $150
23mm knot
48mm loft
Fan shaped​
proxy.php

Shavemac Two-Band D01 (Custom) $130
22mm knot
46mm loft
Fan shaped​
proxy.php

Simpsons Chubby 2 in Two-Band Super $210
proxy.php

Simpsons Tulip 3 in Two-Band Super $145
proxy.php

Simpsons Pre-Vulfix Chubby 1 in Two-Band Super $170
proxy.php

Simpsons Duke 2 in Best $82
proxy.php

W&B Sheffield in Cocobolo Scales $275
Has been beautifully restored with natural Cocobolo wood and fitted with adjustable pins so that you can tighten or loosen the scales anytime you wish, as well as disassemble them for cleaning.
Micro Fasteners WR0 Hex Socket Wrench included.
6/8
Full Hollow
"WADE & BUTCHER SHEFFIELD"​
proxy.php

proxy.php

J.A. Henckels $225
Has been fully restored and fitted with adjustable pins so that you can tighten or loosen the scales anytime you wish, as well as disassemble them for cleaning.
Micro Fasteners WR0 Hex Socket Wrench included.
6/8
Full Hollow
"J.A.HENCKELS SOLINGEN ZWILLINGSWERK"​
proxy.php

proxy.php

Les +++ Croix $225
6/8
Full Hollow
"LES +++ CROIX SOLINGEN GERMANY"​
proxy.php

proxy.php

Geneva Cutlery Co. - Made in USA [PICS] $100
6/8
Full Hollow
"GENEVA CUTLERY CO. WARRANTED GENEVA, N.Y. U.S.A."​
proxy.php

proxy.php

A.M. Gardner [PICS] $60
6/8
Full Hollow
"A.M. GARDNER H'DW'E CO. BOSTON MASS."​
proxy.php

proxy.php

Belgian Coticule w/ Slurry Stone $280
8” x 2.5”
From the “La Grosse Blanche” layer.
Select Quality stone, surface is creamy and uniform.
Has been used only a few times. A fairly fast cutter with slurry, but a great polisher with water.​
proxy.php

proxy.php

Genuine Vintage Thuringian w/ Slurry Stone [PICS] $100
5" x 2.5"
Great stone, leaves a wonderful, smooth edge.
This is a "Real" Thuringian, rather than the new "German whetstone" MST is selling. They were sold by Tony Miller, and here is a quote from the man himself:
"This looks like one of the ones I sold a few years ago. I carried two types of stones from MST-Mueller, both very different and often mis-named. This was either a NOS (new old stock) Thuringian already cut, or newly cut from old stock quarried stones. I am pretty sure everything I offered was the first, already cut stock as it was presented to me. These would all be 2 1/2" wide by 5" long and come with a rubbing stone. Almost all were lapped by me but I do think at one point I offered an option of "as is" but most went for the optional lapping as I recall. This is the same type of stone sold as Eschers. Escher is a brand name and as mentioned, with much better PR. You can find identical structure stones, from the same quarries and/or the same town, all basically identical. But for some, well, it's all in a name."​
proxy.php

proxy.php

Nakayama Asagi $320
183 mm x 60 mm x 25 mm
This Asagi was hand-picked by the legendary So Yamashita of japan-tool.com.
Hands down the best finishing stone I have ever used, you will be blown away by the edges that this can create.​
proxy.php

proxy.php

Nakayama Asagi [PICS] $150
225 mm x 50 mm x 22 mm
Very hard and fine, great finisher.
Comes with a full set of nagura stones as well as authentic Japanese lacquer (used to seal/waterproof the sides and bottom of hones)​
proxy.php

Custom cut Shapton 30000 (.48 micron) [PICS] $150
2/3 width (45 mm wide)
Mounted on granite​
proxy.php

Custom cut Shapton 2000 (7.35 micron) $40
2/3 width (45 mm wide)
Mounted on aluminum​
proxy.php

Custom cut Shapton 1000 (14.7 micron) $35
2/3 width (45 mm wide)
Mounted on aluminum​
proxy.php

DMT D8X Continuous Diamond Plate (Extra Coarse) & Grooved Ch12k $45
This is the my favorite system I have found for lapping stones. The DMT does a great job lapping hones flat, but leaves scratches in most finishing stones. This grooved Chinese 12k, cut to work like the Norton lapping stone, does a great job of smoothing out the scratches from the DMT after lapping. More info can be found in this thread. And yes, you can still hone razors on the other side of the Ch12k.​
proxy.php

proxy.php

Kanayama #60000 [PICS] $180
proxy.php

Dovo One-Sided Cowhide Strop (pasted w/ ChromOx) $30
15 3/4" long, pasted with Chromium Oxide. Nickel-plated swivel hanging hook and "D" type bottom handle. Great second strop for refreshing a razor's edge.​
proxy.php

proxy.php

Belgian Blue Slurry Stone $8
proxy.php

Chromium Oxide 0.5 Micron - 60,000 Grit $8
Outstanding finishing or retouching paste for your razors, works great when mounted on leather, linen, or balsa
60% full​
proxy.php

Tube of Dovo White Strop Paste $6
Great daily paste to make your edges last longer
80% full​
proxy.php

Neatsfoot Oil $6
Great for reconditioning strops (or any other leather product you might have)
95% full​
proxy.php

Jeweler's Loupe - 30X $6
Used to examine the edges of straight razors during the honing process.​
proxy.php

Silicone-Treated Cotton Razor Sleeve $5 each ($3 if purchased with any other item)
Purchased from the Superior Shave: http://thesuperiorshave.com/Straight_Razor_Sheaths_Cases_Rolls.html
"This is an effective anti-rust solution for a lifetime; it is not merely a barrier that prohibits moisture from entering within, but instead a tool which continually draws moisture from the inside to the outside. Made by hand in the USA for the firearms industry, the sleeve's based on USA cotton treated with oil and silicone. There's no need to oil carbon steel kept within; I've used it for a high carbon oldie that I never oil, and I live in a near-constant 70-75% relative humidity environment. Not a drop of rust anywhere in >3 years. That's very impressive. In fact, the makers say to not oil 'em, as this can seal moisture under a film of oil. This is an excellent, practical travel solution, too."​
proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom