What's new

Tesco clearing out Palmolive shave sticks.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I went into my local tesco today, and the Palmolive stick shelf label said "Reduced to clear" from 50 pence down to 34 pence each

Unfortunately, the shelf had already cleared.

Might be worth checking your local supermarket if you're in the UK. I don't know if this is just my local store, or nationwide.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Sounds like it might be gone for good. We reduce to clear items that are either going out of date or being cleared out all together. That is what happened to our shaving sticks years ago. We have not sold any shaving soaps for over 10 years. All we sell is mainly canned foams, gels and oils.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
If I get chance over the next few days, I'll see if I can get into other stores in the area. Wilko, Boots and Superdrug all stocked them round here. I don't need any more at the moment, but it'll be interesting to see if it's just Tesco or happening elsewhere.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
It could be a decision at Wilkinson Sword if UK sales aren't going so well. :confused: I've already got four or five sticks kicking about round here, so i'm certainly in no immediate rush for more, but might pick up a couple more spares if it's looking like it might be more than just tesco rejigging their shelves.

If I get chance over the next few days, I'll see if I can get into other stores in the area. Wilko, Boots and Superdrug all stocked them round here. I don't need any more at the moment, but it'll be interesting to see if it's just Tesco or happening elsewhere.
Might be just Tesco. Here in the CONUS, Palmolive is available is several locations. I did search Superdrug and they have it for £0.75, no indication that it's being discontinued. I love Palmolive shave sticks!!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Yup. Popped into Wilko and Superdrug today, and both had them on the shelf. Brought a couple home from Wilkos, as they're cheaper there.

Last edited:
Still have it over here in Lancashire at 50p in Asda, Wilkos, Bodycare. I love them but don't use them as much as I should. Too many other soaps and creams on my shelf.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
About three weeks ago, I went into Wilko, and the shelf was empty. I figured there might be something to the rumours that seem to be getting more common that the rug has been pulled on this soap.

Today, I went back in there. Full shelf. I chucked four sticks in the basket.

Love the Palmolive stick. Never missed the chance to get some when on sale so, I have squirreled away 39 sticks over the years.
Hope they last.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I just checked Amazon and they are two for $9.39 plus $8.49 shipping compared to Arko at twelve for $11.66 and free shipping. May buy another pack of Arko just in case as it is one of my four favorite soaps. And I only have two sticks left.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I just checked Amazon and they are two for $9.39 plus $8.49 shipping compared to Arko at twelve for $11.66 and free shipping. May buy another pack of Arko just in case as it is one of my four favorite soaps. And I only have two sticks left.

Wow! $17.88 for two sticks, compared to £1.00 ($1.30) in a local shop. I guess the internet isn't always the cheapest way of buying things. I'm not surprised that it's cheaper here, but wouldn't expect you to have to pay almost fourteen times what I do.

Wow! $17.88 for two sticks, compared to £1.00 ($1.30) in a local shop. I guess the internet isn't always the cheapest way of buying things. I'm not surprised that it's cheaper here, but wouldn't expect you to have to pay almost fourteen times what I do.

Since the countries in Western Europe where Palmolive sticks are sold are developed economies, shipping from there to the US is at the highest rates. We could pay a few dollars for the sticks but shipping is something like 10 euros. If they were sold out of India or China we could get them cheaply.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Since the countries in Western Europe where Palmolive sticks are sold are developed economies, shipping from there to the US is at the highest rates. We could pay a few dollars for the sticks but shipping is something like 10 euros. If they were sold out of India or China we could get them cheaply.

It's a shame that the likes of English Shaving Company don't sell them, as they have a flat rate £1.99 global shipping. Although, I believe Connaught sells them, or used to, and I think their overseas shipping is cheaper than domestic for some reason.

It's a shame that the likes of English Shaving Company don't sell them, as they have a flat rate £1.99 global shipping. Although, I believe Connaught sells them, or used to, and I think their overseas shipping is cheaper than domestic for some reason.

Ah. You made a good point.

Connaught wants £1.75 for a pack of two and £2.70 shipping. That's more reasonable. Comes to US$5.79 as I write this, which still isn't cheap, but not bad for something that has to be imported.

It's a great economical soap that smells like an industrial cleaner, but despite excellent performance and cheap cost the "brass ring" today is artisan soaps it seems. There is always Arko and for a few $$ more the even better IMO Speick stick.

Top Bottom