What's new

Tesco blades RULE

So is there a place to get these Tescos that I've heard several people talk about? Not that I really need more blades... Only have 100 Israelis and 100 Derbys, but... Must try all possibilities after all! :wink1:

I recently had some Tesco blades posted to me from the other side of the Atlantic* but have not tried them yet. I can only hope that they do indeed "rule".

* Thanks, John

Hi

Just put these blades into my Futur and my Gillette Superstep. Was using Wilkinson Swod blades. Maganged to nick myself this morning with the futur. First time in ages. These are really sharp compared to the wilkinson blades I had.

Jonathon

NMMB said:
I can only hope that they do indeed "rule".

And if they fail to rule, then what, may I ask, will you do my good man?

As Yoda once said: "Rule or do not rule, there is no try." Actually, he didn't really say that, and it doesn't really fit - mea culpa.

By the way, married yet? How'd it go? Got any photos?

Peace,

Pierre

..just purchased some own label double edge blades from Sainsbury's....made in South Korea by Dorco...any one tried them? Same price as Tecos own label £1.99 for 10.

Snirge said:
..just purchased some own label double edge blades from Sainsbury's....made in South Korea by Dorco...any one tried them? Same price as Tecos own label £1.99 for 10.

No, I have some but haven't got round to trying them yet.

Jonnybc said:

I think it great that both major supermarkets are keeping Double Edge blades available.

Sainsburys 's also had a three blade disposal by...wait for it...Super-max!!:biggrin:

Snirge said:
I think it great that both major supermarkets are keeping Double Edge blades available.

I find it interesting that both recently discontinued Wilkinson Sword.....and took the trouble to source their own. However....to date my local Sainsbury does not stock its new blade.

Brian

madmedic said:
I find it interesting that both recently discontinued Wilkinson Sword.....and took the trouble to source their own. However....to date my local Sainsbury does not stock its new blade.

Brian

I was in Boots the Chemist (UK) the other day and noticed that they not only stocked Wilkinson DE blades and the cheap plastic Wilkinson DE razor. But they were also selling their own Boots branded DE razor and DE blades - in orange coloured packaging. I don't know who makes these for them though.

By the way, I don't mind buying some Tesco blades and posting them to folks in the USA if they want to try them out. Though the exchange rate will probably make them too expensive for what they are.

htownmmm said:
Is it just me or am I the only one waiting for Kasabian to tell us why Tesco blades rule?

Marty

No, I'm waiting too.
proxy.php

Jonnybc said:

John (and others),

If you haven't tried them yet I would like to suggest that you do so. I have been more then impressed with these blades... I can't compare them to many of the "elite" blades, but I find them to be sharper/better than Merkurs, (North American) Gillettes, WS's or Personas - and about the same as (or slightly sharper than) Derbys. Like kasabian, I have to say that "Tesco blades RULE"

NMMB said:
...Like kasabian, I have to say that "Tesco blades RULE"

Yeah, great, but you still never answered my question - Married yet?

If so, how'd it go? Details man, give some details!

Peace,

Pierre

Top Bottom