What's new

Terrible Experience With iKon and I Haven't Even Purchased Yet

Does anyone know who deals with the e-mail responses for iKon? Is it the owner of the business? I'm already very unhappy with the customer service I have received from them, and I'm really curious who I have been speaking to. I have been nothing but polite in my e-mails and it seems like they are no longer interested in my business.

Here is pretty much what happened. I am a Canadian customer, so in order to place an order through iKon I had to e-mail them to get a shipping quote, in which they would proceed to send me a paypal invoice for the order. This went smoothly up until that point. I e-mailed them and let them know I wanted to proceed with my order, this was at roughly 1am, in which I proceeded to go to sleep. They sent me the invoice about 10 minutes later. The next day I woke up and found out that the invoice was sent and cancelled. It was cancelled because apparently the invoice is only active for 6 hours. I politely responded by saying that I was unaware of this and to please send it to me again. They sent me the invoice again. About 4 hours later I was about to go on and make my payment, but to my surprise the invoice was cancelled again (this time only 4 hours after it was sent). Who even I was talking to told me 6 hours, and this time it was only 4 hours, so again I feel like this was not my fault.

I asked this person to send me the invoice for a 3rd time. Now this person has proceeded to tell me to purchase what I want off one of their Canadian vendors. All I want to purchase was the iKon Shavecraft 102 head. None of the Canadian vendors sell this head by itself. I have wrote an e-mail back expressing this and I have gotten no response. So pretty much iKon does not want my business over something that I believe to be not my fault. I expressed to this person that I did not mean to waste their time but that didn't seem change anything.

I am extremely unhappy with the service that I have received thus far. I have been in the customer service industry for over 10 years and I definitely don't deal with people in this manner, especially when it's regarding a purchase order. I have made purchases from over a dozen different US vendors and have had zero problems. I was unaware of this invoice expiry, and the 2nd time I was given false information. Now they are pretty much refusing to do business with me. I find this to be extremely unprofessional. I had a slightly bad vibe in the beginning because I asked them if their Shavecraft 102 head would fit on a Weber bulldog handle, and they proceeded to tell me that the Weber was an inferior product to the iKon and that it was pretty much a cheap copy. I thought it was weird that they would bad mouth a competitor like that.

Last edited:
Well, I have bought 2 razors directly from them in the past (I'm in Toronto), and had no issues whatsoever. The communication was immediate and professional. Others have different stories on here, though. That being said, you can purchase Ikon in Canada from Menessentials, Fendrihan or Italian Barber. My apologies to anyone I missed.

You could, however, try out one of the new Wolfman stainless razors, made in Alberta.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I have no direct experiences with the Ikon products, but stories told by those I trust tell me that I will never do business with Greg(Ikon) either directly or indirectly.

He has no respect for other people, not even his own customers, or potential customers.

He even insults other manufacturers, what does that tell you about him?

Why do you think he's a banned vendor?

I've got two iKon razors I like. One was bought from iKon and one from Maggard Razors. The folks at Maggard have been great to deal with. I had no reason to contact iKon about my first order, so no personal experience there.

My wife has spent hours on the phone this week with Sprint trying to get our bill straightened out, and the Sprint reps were jerks as well. I also watch movies sometimes, and there aren't many folks in Hollywood that I look up to. Sorry to hear you are unhappy. It happens, and I wish it didn't, but I still like my two iKon razors...

Won't blame you if you never deal with iKon again.

When you're in the business of selling $200 razors that nobody really uses anymore, you live or die on customer satisfaction and word-of-mouth....

You have plenty of other options, including the Wolfman which looks great. Don't reward Ikon with your business.

Ikon has been very responsive to me. I purchased a 102 head which, unfortunately, had a threading problem. I sent an email to them at night and received an immediate response (at night) asking if I could take a picture with my cellphone and email it back, which I did. I then received an immediate response, acknowledging the issue, apologizing that a bad one had slipped through, telling me that a new head was on the way, and providing me with a tracking number. That was yesterday. So I expect the razor will not get to me until Monday or so. Assuming that it does, this was exceptional customer service in my view. Also, the first shaves from the Ikon 102 slant before I had the threading problem were exceptional. Maybe my issue was different than some others. But Ikon's reputation is high with me now.

I am a big believe in the power of the dollar. How we choose to spend our money carries more weight than our opinions and words because our money has the ability to directly impact companies and such.
There are many razor makers out there that would probably be thrilled to have your business and would treat you much better. I know that's disappointing to find a product you're willing to invest in only to be treated like crap. The upside is you don't have to accept that and you can give your money to someone else that will treat you like a human being.

Ikon has been very responsive to me. I purchased a 102 head which, unfortunately, had a threading problem. I sent an email to them at night and received an immediate response (at night) asking if I could take a picture with my cellphone and email it back, which I did. I then received an immediate response, acknowledging the issue, apologizing that a bad one had slipped through, telling me that a new head was on the way, and providing me with a tracking number. That was yesterday. So I expect the razor will not get to me until Monday or so. Assuming that it does, this was exceptional customer service in my view. Also, the first shaves from the Ikon 102 slant before I had the threading problem were exceptional. Maybe my issue was different than some others. But Ikon's reputation is high with me now.

I wish I was treated as you were. I know good customer service when I see it, and I definitely didn't receive it. You are right when you say you get quick responses, but it seems like I am being ignored now, which is very disappointing and upsetting, and definitely not deserved.

I didn't even know PayPal invoices could have expiration dates. Sometimes I've paid an invoice several days later with no issues.

I just tried to pay a PayPal invoice that was sent to me on 12/31/2012 and I didn't get an error!

Well knock me over with a feather

Indeed, not surprising at all. Greg is well-known for his antics, and the quality of iKon products (at least the ones that I have) is not very good. I don't plan on buying any more.

I do have a ShaveCraft 102 head on the way, from a B&B member, but I traded my ShaveCraft 101 head for it, mostly out of curiosity.

Last edited:
Man I keep hearing bad and more bad. Buy the s1 or s2 from Stan at above the tie. Great customer service and much better quality.

The members who are already here, know to avoid. But short of having a banner across the top saying "Don't buy from these guys or do so at your own risk", the new members or people who don't browse the forum daily, may not be aware.

My experiences with iKon products and with Greg personally have all been favorable.

As an example, this past Saturday morning I "won" an eBay auction for a Shavecraft 102 head with SE handle. Kantapunik (Greg) was the seller. The razor was delivered yesterday (Monday) afternoon. It's supposed to have a flaw, but I don't see it. I shaved with it this morning. The shave was smooth and enjoyable, and the result is true BBS. More detail to come after some more shaves.

So I'm one satisfied customer.

Top Bottom