What's new

TENTH ANNUAL "One Blade in February" Challenge - 2019 Edition

Shave #22 with the Dorco Prime STP301. Had a really nice shave with the blade loaded in a Yaqi/R41 frankenrazor this morning. No nicks, weepers, or irritation.

Unfortunately, I found a gouge on the blade's edge while moving it to my razor setup for next week. I don't know when or how the blade got damaged, but I'm glad I found it before my next shave. It could have happened this morning during cleanup or during the process of changing razors. The blade had a good run and I am quite pleased with its performance.

Hi,

I am now in uncharted territory with 23 on a Med Prep. I have used a Med Prep in OBF before, but don't recall going past 21 or 22.

Stan

Astra Superior Stainless (21)
Merkur Progress set to 1.5
Ever Ready 100 clone bristle brush
Van Der Hagen Luxury + Dove Men Care Pro Moisture shave cream, super lather, face lathered
Master Impulse after shave lotion

Leisurely mid-day shave. Ample time for prep and shave, leading to a darn fine shave in two passes and touch up. Moving the blade to the Progress helped, I'm sure. Hard to believe this blade has three weeks of accumulated shaves on it.

Last time I used the Progress, which is a fairly new razor for me, I was frustrated with the nicks I was getting. Not an issue this shave. Using a blade with a less keen edge helped.

The finish line is within sight...

Haven't posted in this thread before but the Polsilver that i was using when the month started is at 74 days running today and nothing to indicate it won't finish the month.
dave

Gillette Platinum Plus (17)

Hurried 2-pass so the wife could use the bathroom. DFS.

That Gillette Pure shave cream is still super nice. Can't even feel the blade. Oh wait, that's because the blade is as dull as a butter knife.

That Gillette Pure shave cream is still super nice. Can't even feel the blade.

I saw the Gillette cream in Wally World today and, remembering your praise, picked it up. Not that I need another cream...or soap...or blades for that matter if I'm going to get 21 shaves out of one. My stash of blades will outlast me.

Looking forward to using the Gillette Pure cream.

Wilkinson Sword German (21)
Merkur 34c
Tabac day with deo, soap and aftershave.

Had a DFS, requires a bit more work but still pretty ok blade.

Astra Superior Stainless (22)
Merkur Progress set to 1
Vie Long horse hair brush
Yardley bar soap + Cella, super lather, face lathered
Witch Hazel followed my AOS Ocean Kelp After Shave Lotion

I'm having to really push the blade to get satisfactory shaves. Church day shave, so I may be more particular, but noticed some stubble when applying the lotion. Multiple touch up passes + remaining stubble = time to bin the blade. But this is a challenge, so onward I'll tread.

Top Bottom