What's new

Tennis anyone?

Mmmm bowl of chili in a chilly winter sounds amazing.

I was watching the Australian Open yesterday and there were some great matches.

A lot of injuries but players still pulled through.

Zverev just blastings serves left and right. Thiem made it through the rough crowd. They were cheering when Thiem missed his first serve. Very disrespectful but he kept his calm and finished the race.

Chili and cornbread for dinner 🥘
The house smells great.
Thiem is tough.
It would be great if he could win it all!
Hope Djokovic is okay.
He seemed to be injured but dominated the final set.

Tennis is booming.
An estimated 2 million new players as a result of COVID. No one saw it coming and there are shortages of balls and racquets.
Shop now and stock up on balls.
If you need a racquet, don’t wait until June.

Tennis is booming.
An estimated 2 million new players as a result of COVID. No one saw it coming and there are shortages of balls and racquets.
Shop now and stock up on balls.
If you need a racquet, don’t wait until June.
Absolutely. Every court has been pretty much full every time. It's been a great time for playing tennis.

I did get a 24 pack of Propenn Extra Duty but I had to wait a week for that to restock. That should last me at least a year if not more. I should be good on the racket as I got a pair of Donnays and a pair of yellow Babolat as a backup. :)

You're good to go.
I'm going to buy a case of balls.
I need to pull the trigger on a new racquet.
Volkl V8 Pro is the leading candidate.

Played three sets of doubles today. 6-2, 2-6, and 6-3.

Got a lot of my groundstrokes in so that is a huge plus. I struggle with returns and easy balls most of the time but did a better job today. Missed a couple easy volleys but pretty solid day overall.

I've been playing with my pair of Donnay Pro Ones for a while. My Purple stick seems less stable than the light grey version but it felt decent today.

I'm thinking about joining local leagues in the future. I'm already playing with some of the players so I'd be interested in competing more. Probably will start at 3.0 or 3.5 level.

Great!
So many modern racquets are unstable and need more mass in the head. I put lead tape at 3 and 9 o clock.
It sounds like you’re playing pretty well this early in the season.
I played on Sunday with my neighbor.
First time out in a month.
We hit around and played a practice set. I won 7-5 but was missing my first serve. I need to toss higher.
I’m not known for my forehand but it was working on Sunday.
It looks like no tennis this weekend with a snowstorm coming.
10” is forecast by Sunday.
Ahh, springtime in the Rockies!

After a blustery an wet spell of weather I hit the court with my neighbor. Richard received a Slinger portable ball machine for his birthday.
We drilled for two hours.
It’s just what I needed.
These Slingers are really neat and easy to use. We’ve got next Sunday morning scheduled for another session. I’m looking forward to it.
Anyone else playing well?

After a blustery an wet spell of weather I hit the court with my neighbor. Richard received a Slinger portable ball machine for his birthday.
We drilled for two hours.
It’s just what I needed.
These Slingers are really neat and easy to use. We’ve got next Sunday morning scheduled for another session. I’m looking forward to it.
Anyone else playing well?
Sounds great. I haven't hit with a ball machine for a while though.

I've been playing less but joined a league recently. Pretty tough matches but won my first three. The first doubles match, I was down 0-5 and felt miserable. But still came back the second set 6-1 and then won the tiebreak 10-6.

Leagues are just beginning to ramp up in Colorado. I prefer tournaments.
Its great that you are winning!
Keep up the good work!
I’ve been playing left handed while so do rehabilitation exercises on my right shoulder. I’m 3 and one and I beat a left handed player. That has been fun but its time to get serious.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Tennis equipment changed since I played intercollegiate tennis: wooden racquets that weighed a ton, Jack Purcell sneakers weighed a ton.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
beaver tennis.jpg

Tennis... certainly. Everything related to tennis. Good fun, and a great hobby.

I play recreationally and competition in the Netherlands. Besides that, I am an ERSA certified stringer and also have my own racquet stringing business (next to my daytime job). You can find me at @istring4all on instagram.
And finally, I am also a linesman for the Dutch tennis federation, officiating at national and sometimes international tournaments. Last weekend for example, we were at the Billie Jean King cup when Netherlands played China.

Tennis... certainly. Everything related to tennis. Good fun, and a great hobby.

I play recreationally and competition in the Netherlands. Besides that, I am an ERSA certified stringer and also have my own racquet stringing business (next to my daytime job). You can find me at @istring4all on instagram.
And finally, I am also a linesman for the Dutch tennis federation, officiating at national and sometimes international tournaments. Last weekend for example, we were at the Billie Jean King cup when Netherlands played China.

Good to meet you @beepee1972.
We have much in common.
I’m also a USTSA certified stringer and have been a linesman in Colorado.
I’m playing again after a long layoff.
It sounds like you have been busy at the Billie Jean King cup. We have had snow in Denver and more coming tonight.Looking forward to getting back on court. I will look you up later today. Family matters fill my morning.
We can talk about stringing.

Top Bottom