What's new

Ten Minute Straight Razor Challenge

I’ll check it out. I have a Nikon Z6 that records .mov. If there’s no transcoding it would be easy. Straight from iOS would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a Canon 7D that does a good job with video with a tripod but I found it
is easier to jury-rig my iPhone with tape and some odds and ends as my
bathroom is pretty small (I live in a Japanese apartment). Then, I did a
little editing with iMovie to clean things up, add some background music and titles.

I'm totally doing this. It's always bewildered me seeing guys state that it takes them

The razor emporium video where he compared a Dovo to a Gold Dollar...I couldn't believe it can take somebody so long to shave! Especially considering he only shaved his cheeks and neck.

https://youtu.be/Pvl_ZeLHtNU

Maybe I'm actually much slower than I think because of the 'time flies when you're having fun' phenomena? I guess we'll find out tonight (evening shaver)

Idea pitch: How about we throw in a platinum medal for whoever is the fastest of all the bloodless shavers and have the mods grant the winner a title? Maybe one he has to surrender if anybody ever beats his time? It could totally be a thing.

No way! I always thought your avatar was your pic! If that's you in the vid, who is that in your avatar?
That was my maternal grandfather, their house was next to ours in Cuba.

I remember him shaving with a straight and a DE, I used to keep the old DE blades and put them on the tail of my kite to vut strings of other kites.

I would trade all my straights to have his old one-no idea of brand or anything else about it

Gents,
I submit to you my rendition of the challenge.

Razor: Comoy's of London. I rescaled it this year using my old Jarrah pool decking.
Brush: Zenith bore brush (getting a bit long in the tooth).
Cream:Jack the Barber sandlewood; purchased at Woolworths supermarket for $6.00.
Strop: Black beauty. Australian horse hide, double leather.

Gents,
I submit to you my rendition of the challenge.

Razor: Comoy's of London. I rescaled it this year using my old Jarrah pool decking.
Brush: Zenith bore brush (getting a bit long in the tooth).
Cream:Jack the Barber sandlewood; purchased at Woolworths supermarket for $6.00.
Strop: Black beauty. Australian horse hide, double leather.

there's still a Woolworth somewhere in this world???? haven't had one in our mall since the late 80's.

camo

I don’t put my face online, so here’s a ”shave of the day, with the timer” pic, timed per the rules here. A three pass, low blood sugar, light high speed wobbles in the hand shave.

pre-/post-shave stropping, lathering, etc puts me regularly at the 10 minute mark.

63CD78AC-B82C-47F6-9411-50E9C8CCE0A4.jpeg

I'm totally doing this. It's always bewildered me seeing guys state that it takes them

The razor emporium video where he compared a Dovo to a Gold Dollar...I couldn't believe it can take somebody so long to shave! Especially considering he only shaved his cheeks and neck.

https://youtu.be/Pvl_ZeLHtNU

YEESH! What's with that guy, just grip it and rip it. Still a total newbie and it takes me 2 strokes to get down the cheek with a SR whereas a DE just takes 1, but wow, just get on with it already

YEESH! What's with that guy, just grip it and rip it. Still a total newbie and it takes me 2 strokes to get down the cheek with a SR whereas a DE just takes 1, but wow, just get on with it already
Right? I try to be as supportive as I can of guys with less experience than myself but that was just ridiculous and kinda made it hard to take the comparison seriously.

So, after watching some of posted videos and working on my technique (especially in the chin area), I have
managed to get my time down from 13:30 to 9:30 for two shaves in a row. I did have a nick or two. Once,
I can achieve a blood-free 9:30, i will try to post another video...

I previously shared a Instagram link which is not allow, my apology. So i had to go and make another plan on youtube. This shave was recorded 12 Sept well before the rules for this was made and is an educational shave demonstration with a lot talk and stop/starts totaling 29min I am by no means an expert, just a normal guy. The easier passes IMO to record is 2&3 @16min and 20min respectively. I believe they are both under 5min if the stop/start intervals is not timed. In any case the link below on youtube recorded on my mobile phone.

Thank You for your excellent instruction with your shave.

Top Bottom