What's new

Tell me why I should ask Santa for a Weber

I'm primarily a vintage razor guy, but I like all things nice, sharp and shiny. My fabulous better half (sorry, she's taken) is pressing for Christmas ideas, and I do like the look and reputation of the Weber. I mostly prefer razors in the mid-spectrum as far as aggressiveness; think SC NEW, Super Adjustable on 5 or so. From those who know the razor, tell me why (or not) I should ask Santa for a Weber.

Thanks for the input!

Well I can't actually comment on how it shaves but that's because Santa bought me a Webber and I'm waiting for Xmas to use it. It does look and feel nice though because . . ahem . . I had to check and make sure it didn't have any obvious manufacturing defects. At least that's what I tell myself!

Like you it was my wife's suggestion and that's what will make the razor so special to me.

You should ask Santa for a Weber with a Bulldog handle for the simple reason that is'a fabulous razor.

For me it's slightly less aggressive than my beloved Merkur 34HD and slightly more aggressive than the EJ89. So why ask Santa for a Weber polished head razor if you already have a great Merkur or EJ? The answer is that it's stainless steel construction will last decades, that the POT metal heads of modern razors may not make.

An interesting point about the Weber for me. Although I consider the Weber to be a bit more mild than the Merkur HD, unlike the milder EJ89's, I get a terrific shave with the Weber. My best guess as to why, is that the extra weight of the bulldog handle makes the difference.

P.S. Even if Santa's elves are backed up, the Weber razor would be a terrific gift.

The Weber is a great razor ... stainless is a bonus.

If we need to convince you best steer your bride to another gift idea.

So are you saying there is no product currently available? The Weber site doesn't appear to indicate inventory status, one way or the other, only that the item "usually" ships in one or two days. If anyone has any current info, clarification appreciated.

IMHO... The Weber razor is the best bang for your buck stainless steel razor on the planet. I absolutely love mine. I have a couple of other more expensive stainless steel razors and I always reach for my Weber.

WARHAWK

I'd rank the Weber just a tad more aggressive than a 34C. If that sounds like the kind of razor that suits you, then the Weber is a fantastic razor. It's built like a tank and looks nice too.

I'm sure you will love it. It's a quality razor that shaves like a drew, a real pleasure to use. To me, it feels as smooth and effortless to use as the EJ 89, but cuts closer, more like a slant or a NEW ( my other favorite razors). Not too aggressive, not too mild. For me, it hits a sweet spot. PLus, the price is a bargain (for a stainless).

So are you saying there is no product currently available? The Weber site doesn't appear to indicate inventory status, one way or the other, only that the item "usually" ships in one or two days. If anyone has any current info, clarification appreciated.

Pretty sure they were just pulling your leg.

Because I tend to be slow,

What setting would a Slim be on to match the efficiency of a Weber?

How would you compare the shave?

Thanks for all the input, guys. I think it will have to go on to my letter to Santa. Fingers crossed!

While the Weber may not be an aggressive razor (I'd say 4-4.5 on a 1-10 scale), it is extremely efficient. More efficient than the New SC; more like the New LC, but even more comfortable than the SC. So far, the Weber and the English raised flat bottom New are the only razors that leave me with minimal cleanup after 3 passes. No irritation with the Weber.

I was actually surprised at the blade gap the Weber has; much bigger than I would have thought, but not uncomfortable. Great value for $70. I actually prefer the longer Classic handle. 3 7/8" long. The weight of the Weber head has the most to do with the quality and comfort of the shave, IMO.

I purchased a Weber PH w/Bulldog handle a few months ago and it shaves well, but I decided to order another Weber PH w/ the Classic handle. I will most likely be rotating these two on a regular basis. I find the Weber PH gives a very comfortable shave on days not requiring a really close shave.

This thread made me decide to say screw it and buy a Weber. Great choice I wish I made earlier, definite RAD killing razor

Top Bottom