What's new

Tell me what you think of this picture...

20201102_122001.jpeg
20201102_121953.jpeg
20201102_122005.jpeg

These are fresh off the lathe and we wanted to show you our new brushes.

Some background on our thinking... We had brushes in the past with a mass produced handle from overseas that was black. Boring and not really "us". This time we wanted our vibe as a company to be captured in the brush, for it to be made by hand in the USA and to be truly unique. For instance, we wanted to have the handle reflect the maritime theme of our company with water and waves. I searched far and wide and had a number of prototypes made for evaluation. We wanted to experiment with not just the color and pattern of the resin but the shape and dimensions of the handle as well. After choosing the artist then it was a matter of refining one prototype after another until we arrived at what you see before you.

It took time but we like what we came up with. More importantly, we want to see what you think. These are inbound and once they arrive we will get our name applied to them. We hope to have this limited number of brushes available by November 15, in time for the holidays. Particulars: A 24mm synthetic knot set at a loft of 55mm. The handle is 60mm itself with an ergonomic grip to it that makes it very secure in the hand. Price is to be determined but probably around $60.00, give or take. Depends on final costs.

So tell us, what do you think?

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Oh yeah, they is good. Captain.... you make it so difficult NOT to buy your products. Can I squeeze one pass LOTH?

Thank you guys, you are too kind and we do appreciate the feedback.

"Call me Ishmael."

Actually I read Moby Dick some time back. It was written in the 1800's and the first mate in that novel loved coffee. His name was... wait for it... Starbuck.

True story and yes, that is where they got the name.

Very attractive handles. As a badger man, would they be available unknotted?

On this batch, no. This is the first go 'round and we may well have some made for us unknotted. Like many things we will get feedback on what customers are looking for and then may tweak the offerings as we go one batch after another. This is one reason we just got a limited number of them to begin with, just twelve in this batch. Uh, make that eleven - The Captain has to have ONE of them! Uh, actually that is ten since one is already spoken for based on feedback here.

Any CC logo on the bottom of the brush?

We thought about having our compass rose logo on the bottom and it would have looked great. It does add expense and so, for now, the bottom is blank.

Oh yeah, they is good. Captain.... you make it so difficult NOT to buy your products. Can I squeeze one pass LOTH?

We can ship in an unmarked brown box so she won't open it. How about this warning on the outside: "Tarantulas inside - please open inside bathtub to prevent escape."

Very ergonomic. Should be comfortable in use.

That was one of the most important aspects. I have tried many brushes - oh, imagine the burden - to help me sort out what is a natural fit that is comfortable and for me. I guess it surprised me how many are out there that mystify me as to their popularity given their lack of ergonomics.

Last edited:

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Actually I read Moby Dick some time back. It was written in the 1800's and the first mate in that novel loved coffee. His name was... wait for it... Starbuck.

True story and yes, that is where they got the name.
Wow, you read the book a long time ago! 😉

I actually never made the connection with Starbucks coffee, but very cool trivia info.

Top Bottom