What's new

Tell Me How You Apply AS

I towel dry my face then use a pump/spray bottle to apply.
Bottle.jpg

Simple. How do you apply your aftershave?
I see a lot of people applying it to a wet face. I was taught to dry my skin first, then apply. Applying to a wet face would dilute the aftershave, is what I was taught.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong by drying my skin first, but I feel I get better results that way. I get it's one of those "just do it the way you prefer" things.

So, how do you apply yours, and why?
Rinse, pat dry, shake container of alcohol free balm, dispense a small portion into hands and apply to my face, (forehead included)….I then apply my liquid fragrances aftershave to the back of my neck. I try to avoid applying any alcohol to my freshly shaved face.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I work alone at home most days and have only myself to please; I also have a huge number of vintage aftershaves and colognes. So I apply liberal amounts of both, in the Mandom style of Charles Bronson, several times per day as and when I feel like it. 👍

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
At Home: Pat face dry with towel. Pour nickel sized amount into cupped palm. Rub hands together to distribute AS evenly on both palms. Slap & Rub face and neck with wet palms.

Dry excess wetness of palms from splash on chest area of t-shirt. Then bask in the glow and scent of a great shave. :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I use 2 methods to apply my aftershave, dump some in palm of my hand and rub on face & neck and 2nd method to use 50mm glass misters that work well to spray in palm or directly on face. If some of the aftershaves are to strong (wife complains= scent meter gage) then I will dilute them with some witch hazel not to offend her and I personally do not like them to overwhelm myself either and misters work the best for dilution.

Last edited:
I apply to a mostly dry face (patted dry with a towel). I pour some splash in my left hand and apply it to the right side of my face and neck. I then pour some in my right and and apply it to the left side of my face and neck.

Once the splash air dries, I apply some aftershave balm (usually a pinky nail sized amount that I daub with a finger on parts of my face and neck before wiping/rubbing with an open palm).

I use 2 methods to apply my aftershave, dump some in palm of my hand and rub on face & neck and 2nd method to use 50mm glass misters that work well to spray in palm or directly on face. If some of the aftershaves are to strong (wife complains= scent meter gage) then I will dilute them with some witch hazel not to offend her and I personally do not like them to overwhelm myself either and misters work the best for dilution.
Yea OK, definitely don't want to red line the scent meter gauge! :mad5:

Hand to face; or you can make it overly complicated to have something to do for another 20 minutes in the bathroom. Maybe luke warm towels, followed by dry towelettes, followed by a carefully measuring out a precise amount, followed by dabbing and finally enjoying the scent for ten minutes while writing up a post about the notes? Just kidding but really who has the time to play around for 45 minutes doing a shave.

Always applied to dry face and a few minutes after an application of moisturiser. Pour some aftershave into cupped hand, spread on both hands and pat onto face and neck.
Some of my aftershaves have an atomiser so those are much easier to spray on; mainly eau de colognes and eau de toilets.

I liberally apply copious amounts to my face, neck (front & back), shoulders, and chest.
I repeat it a few times throughout the day. It's a good refresher, I especially enjoy the menthol.

How do I apply aftershave you ask?

WITH RECKLESS ABANDON!!

But seriously onto a dry face. Lots of slapping/ patting involved.

In order...

-Dry Face
-Admire closeness of shave in mirror
-Pour small puddle of favorite splash in cupped hand
-Rub both hands together to evenly distribute
-Apply to entire face and neck with a slapping and rubbing motion, all the while letting a few choice Rick Flair "WOOs"
-Wink and point at self in the mirror
-Strut outta the bathroom

gorilla hurrying GIF

Top Bottom