What's new

Tell me about your Glocks

Not to stir a hornets nest, but I'm thinking of trading one of my beloved CZ's (CZ75B with Omega trigger) for a G26.

Other than a Gen 3 G22 which I used for about 6 months then sold (I just don't care for 40 S&W), I thought the gun was clunky, somewhat ugly, but utterly reliable. Other than that, my exposure to Glocks has been very limited.

I have a LC9 for carry. It's small, light and reliable, but I don't shoot it well. The G26 would probably replace the LC9.

I'm very torn.

I have a Glock 40. Laser sight activated by clutching the grip.

It's at my bedside for home defense. I like that they don't really need cleaning or maintenance. I still clean and maintain it though. Haha.

Put about 400 rounds through it so far. No misfires, no catching. I don't really know what else to say, it is a Glock. I'm glad to have it.

I love my Gen 4 G26. Like you said, it's a no frills firearm. It does what it does very well.

I carry it OWB in a Raven concealment holster and hardly notice it is there.

I also have a Gen 4 G19 that I like equally as well.

I wouldn't trade either for anything.

I'd recommend an M&P Shield over the G26 for carry. I've shot the LC9, I've both shot and carried the G26, Shield and Kahr P9 (similar size). Shield wins.

I've been carrying a Glock 30 for nearly fifteen years, and I'm recommending the Shield. Consider that carefully.

I have the 26 and 19 and the 26 is bulky for CCW for me but if you need more rounds and 1000% reliablility it is a good choice. I picked up the tiny Dimond back DB-9 and wow what a pleasure to cary. There are two versions as when you research as you will see negative reviews. The newer model has three pins by the trigger guard which fixed some problems with the old that only had two. Use the reccomended ammo and you should be fine (hornady). Literally half the size as the 26 but only a 6 round load.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I'd recommend an M&P Shield over the G26 for carry. I've shot the LC9, I've both shot and carried the G26, Shield and Kahr P9 (similar size). Shield wins.

I've been carrying a Glock 30 for nearly fifteen years, and I'm recommending the Shield. Consider that carefully.

I own a G19, G23, G30 and G32 barrel in .357 Sig. I have carried several models of Glock on duty and off for 16 years. Love my Glocks. However, +1 on the S&W Shield advice. Looking to purchase one myself to replace my Ruger LCP.

some of the previous Glocks are very large. I compare it to trying to wrap your hand around a 2 x 4. I have a G21 dating from 1994 and it is one of the cumbersome ones. It was my first concealed carry gun but it was difficult to conceal and I moved on to snub-nosed revolvers. You might want to look into the Gen.4 models. These have been slimmed down a lot.

I had a full grip reduction with 360 stippling on the grip performed on mine, added a KKM-Precision stainless barrel and night sights, and had a trigger job with an over-travel stop, and rounded the trigger guard. It is much more manageable to shoot one handed and all the mush in the trigger is gone.

$fb3e3144.jpg

$1ebb2638.jpg

$64864843.jpg

$e98aa6fc.jpg

I would go with the shield as well Over the glock. My current carry is a sig p938. Much easier to conceal, or my springfield armory XDS. Ultimately carry the tool you have the most confidence in, and are best able to shoot well.

Jim

Last edited:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I have a G26. My hands are not gigantic, but they are big, and with the 26 I can get a full grip on the gun using my 2 middle fingers and feel comfortable without a mag extension. I have not shot a M&P Shield but just holding one, I wished the grip was a little more substantial.

I am waiting for Sig to release the SA/DA 9mm p224. I love the SA/DA and feel safer with it than with a striker fired action weapon.

I have a 3rd generation Glock 22 and love it. Pop has a 4th gen, I wish I had held out for that. It works, it works very well. Unlike my FNP-45, I can get replacement magazines. (makes me wish I bought a Glock 21 back then)

On the to buy list are a Glock 26 and the manly man's gun, the Glock 20.

I do love Glocks, I shoot them better than anything else I have tried, and I think the 26 is a wonderful carry handgun. I guess if you need something different to carry you need something to carry. Still, trading off a CZ has to hurt! They are such great pistols, and so hard to find!
forgot to add: my current Glocks are just.. 3 21s. A gen 3, a backup gen 3 and a gen 4 that I bought out of curiosity, but will soon trade since I find it's not my preference.

Last edited:
The first Glock I ever shot was an old G17 rental at a shooting range. Basically it was beat to heck. The trigger felt bad, and the sights were off. That kind of soured me towards Glocks for a while. About a year later, I fired my friend's Gen 4 G34 which he was trying to sell. I loved it! I offered to buy it on the spot. It has the nice competition trigger in it. I was surprised to find that I shoot it better than any of my other 9mm pistols. I've been using it in IDPA, and it is great. I am definitely a Glock fan now. I don't have much experience with the S&W M&P line, but I hear nothing but good things about them. I wouldn't mind picking up one of those too.

I have owned these models: G4 19, G4 26, G3 35, & G4 23. Of them all I only have my 23 left. I too prefer 9mm to .40 cal, however the .40 models offer conversion barrels to 9mm & .357 sig. Swap the mags too and you are in business. You can also swap extractors too if you like. I will probably replace the 26 with a 27 later on. As far as the 35 goes - I just prefer a shorter pistol. I really like Glock's design simplicity & the aftermarket is immense!

I have a Glock 36 and a Glock 19. Both have been used for CCW. I actually carry them both using Raven Vanguard II holsters appendix. Its remarkable. I have been able to carry a full sized 17 without much issue, save for the weight.

I have a Glock 22C and I love it. I bought the .40 cal because of the conversion barrel option mentioned above. It will be hard to get me to buy a 9mm Glock because of the ability to swap barrels and have basically 3 guns in one for a few hundred more than the base price. I've shot the 17, 26, 22C, and the mid-sized .45 cal (forgot the model#) and they were all nice. For just plinking at the range, the 17 was the best. It was easy to shoot, I like the Glock grip and the recoil was minimal. I would not want to carry it for the obvious size reason. I wasn't a huge fan of the 26. I thought it was too big to be so small, if that makes sense. The gun felt clunky with the short grip. I think I would prefer a 19/22 for a carry pistol. They're not much bigger, bit give a better grip on the gun.

As for the Shield, it didn't make it past the counter with me. I just wasn't a fan of the grip on that gun. It was uncomfortable in my hand. I've heard the Springfield XDS is a option for a slim 9mm or .45 for CC purposes. I'll be looking into one when I get back stateside to fit that role.

Thanks guys.

I decided to go a completely different direction altogether.

I just couldn't part with my CZ. I love that thing way too much.

I decided to trade an LCR which wasn't getting much use anyway, for an LCP. Says what you will about the .380. For my applications (carrying while dressed for work, social engagements, biking) it should fit the bill.

Totally understandable, not trading the CZ. Sounds like the LCP will probably be perfect for what you need, especially to carry while biking.

Good decision to hold onto that CZ. They are incredible guns.
I also have an LCP. I love it's size, but I wish it had better sights. It is still very shootable, but I really have to practice with it often.

Top Bottom