What's new

Tell me about this Gem

I don't know that I've ever seen a Gem like this. It has a sliding push-button under the head, and that allows the cover to raise or be locked down. In addition, it's two-tone (the cap is chrome, the rest is gold-colored) and the GEM lettering is raised from the handle.

What is it?

Gem_USA.jpg

Gem_front.jpg

Gem_side.jpg

Gem_back.jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
+1 on Camo's (@camoloc ) comment. They debuted the Christmas of 1958. It's gold wash has most likely come off the cap. I've seen them in a flat-silver color (sort of like their successor the Contour), or with a gold wash, but never in a two-tone. It's a mild shaver. I find it to be my most mild shaving Gem, even more more so than the Contour. Most folks feel like it shaves pretty much like it's predecessor the Feather Weight and it's successor....mild but with a decent amount of efficiency.

+1 on Camo's (@camoloc ) comment. They debuted the Christmas of 1958. It's gold wash has most likely come off the cap. I've seen them in a flat-silver color (sort of like their successor the Contour), or with a gold wash, but never in a two-tone. It's a mild shaver. I find it to be my most mild shaving Gem, even more more so than the Contour. Most folks feel like it shaves pretty much like it's predecessor the Feather Weight and it's successor....mild but with a decent amount of efficiency.
Well, if I decide to dip into the SE pool, it sounds like I have the right tool. Thanks for the info.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Single edge razors can be super efficient or super hell. All depends on the blade really. Only a few are suitable for shaving. If you can find any GEM single edge blades at your local pharmacy (walgreens, CVS) they will be suitable for shaving with.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
That GEM is a nice looking razor. I don’t get on with SE razors but if I came across one of those in the wild. I would give it a try. Congratulations if you own it.

Top Bottom